PMDG Development Update Thread

Tom Knudsen

Hi, PMDG has quality products, for FS2004 and Fsx . Remember Fsx  is a frame rate killer.

We have not forget that Xplane has a different  better engine  and flight dynamics than Fsx.

And we have not forget ( i don´t know if anyone of you. remembers that PMDG`s first plane was a B757-200, if i could remeber for Fly simulator in early or middle of 1999 that was my first payware purchase. and it comes with fmc) 

1999 aircraft addon with fmc, !!!!!!!!!!

And we have not to forget. that to run FSX with an PMDG or A2A or  Flight one addon you must have a NASA computer right??

And now i´m running xplane 10 wiht no more than 1400 bucks computer, with a very good frame rate for xplane with LES SAAB 340, or FJSIM 727. I do not want  to spent 3000 or 6000 bucks in a computer to run any flight simulator, cause it is demostrated that with an medium range computer you can fly comfortable.

They have developing since many years. I think we have to wait, and see what they offer to us, 

The begginins are not so easy  for nobody right???

Regards

Edited by ldts

• 4 weeks later...

They are like vampires, they can't bite unless we invite them in. My next aircraft purchases are IXEG 733, Rotasim MD80, DC-9 all in the works from X-Plane dedicated developers. PMDG needs to do something not already done by our beloved plane makers. Javier Rollon is been very quiet recently, I hope because he is busy busy busy, either doing another plane, completing the CRJ series or with Laminar behind close doors. 

That was the plan , to build a plane from 0 , so that the'll learn the platform , and how to develop for 3 simulators while taking advantage of each benifits.

After DC6 they will evaluate the market and choose what plane of their fleet they should convert to XP first (737NG / 777  or even 747V2 if it's released till then).

As RSR said it's not a matter of "if they'll convert or not" , it's a matter of what first.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By curiosity I visited the website of PMG and I could not believe the a product that is sold $69 for Windows is sold for Mac as follows:

I copy pasted the text of their store. OK developing for Mac OS is not their mainstream business but a delta more then 10 millions US dollars?  

• Upvote 1

@kickremi @Defiance_co @mgeiss

PMDG always prices their products to their estimated real life value when they fist announce them on their shopping portal being close to release. The windows version was priced 12M before release as well as the mac version now awaiting for release. If you go an have a look for the newest 747 coming for FSX you will see it priced something like 230M as well.

• Upvote 2

Thank you mmerelles. Sounds a little bit odd to me, but I can get it. Maybe a cultural difference?    

Lol what?! I can't believe you guys actually thought the DC-6 was selling for that much. They do this so Beta testers can make sure the store page is working correctly.

Just loaded the aircraft - WOW - Nice job to the PMDG team. I could not be happier with the product. This is version 1 and I am sure it will get even better as they work the little nit noid kinks out of it. But bottom line for me, PMDG hit a home run with the DC-6.

I read some of the manual before I started. Had the hardest time trying to figure out why, at first, only 2 engines would go to full power and the other two only about half way. Discovered the gust lock which got me over that hurdle. After that, I had a great cross country flight from KBOS down to KDCA. Had to actually manage aircraft systems (fuel, etc). The aircraft flies like a champ and everything seems to work and respond as in the actual aircraft. They include an optional flight engineer and co-pilot to help with the checklist if you so desire. I started without and then switched over to the assist for climb and rest of flight. What a blast! It was a bit of a workout but it brought me back as close to real flight as you can get (minus 4 billion for a level d sim :)).

I have nothing but praise for the product, nice job for the initial entry into X-Plane. They really hit this one out of the ball park.

Of note, the only two aircraft I fly are the IXEG 737 and PMDG DC-6. They, have done a terrific job at getting the flight characteristics and aircraft systems modeled correctly. The other aircraft seem to be a cut below (just my opinion for what it is worth).

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, LouV said:

Just loaded the aircraft - WOW - Nice job to the PMDG team. I could not be happier with the product. This is version 1 and I am sure it will get even better as they work the little nit noid kinks out of it. But bottom line for me, PMDG hit a home run with the DC-6.

I read some of the manual before I started. Had the hardest time trying to figure out why, at first, only 2 engines would go to full power and the other two only about half way. Discovered the gust lock which got me over that hurdle. After that, I had a great cross country flight from KBOS down to KDCA. Had to actually manage aircraft systems (fuel, etc). The aircraft flies like a champ and everything seems to work and respond as in the actual aircraft. They include an optional flight engineer and co-pilot to help with the checklist if you so desire. I started without and then switched over to the assist for climb and rest of flight. What a blast! It was a bit of a workout but it brought me back as close to real flight as you can get (minus 4 billion for a level d sim :)).

I have nothing but praise for the product, nice job for the initial entry into X-Plane. They really hit this one out of the ball park.

Of note, the only two aircraft I fly are the IXEG 737 and PMDG DC-6. They, have done a terrific job at getting the flight characteristics and aircraft systems modeled correctly. The other aircraft seem to be a cut below (just my opinion for what it is worth).

Have you flown any other aircraft?

The ERJ 140, EADT B737, Coronado PA32, B-777 Worldliner and a few others. I am not going negative on any of the others, I just really enjoy what IMHO are some really nice additions to X-Plane. I had heard that PMDG was tops over in the MS Flight Sim world but I had not loaded MS Flightsim to try any of their products since converting to X-Plane many years back. Really happy to see the game stepping up a bit. Just smiles all around at this end.

Hey LouV, i´m a pmdg customer, since his first add on for FLYII simulator, anyone else knows about that flight simulator masterpiece?? this was the first simulator that allows to simulate an aircraft APU and FMC things, like MSFS doesn't have in these days.

They were pioneers, in aircraft design and if i could remember, Robert Randazzo, and his team(Sorry if i am wrong) when they are not flying, They puts hands on hard work to design their fantastic B757 . Then all the team start to design for Msf flight simulator, but none of the actual designers (PMDG A2A etc) had that handicap with Fsx that was a FRAMERATE VAMPIRE, you still need a N.A.SA. computers to date, other designers yes had make port-overs to x-plane, that is not the case, i had been following PMDG since 1997, and trust me,they had good quality products.

I am very surprised when, i load x-plane an select the DC6, and WOW, 45 FRAMES PER SECOND, I do not have a computer that were created by an ancient alien race, it is a normal computer that i can afford, no more that 1300 dollars, This designers never had maked a port over, the initial release of the DC6 has little bugs? how long they were late to made and update???

How many actual X-plane Aircraft developers, put an update in less than a week? i remember that a new v2 aircraft that has been released, has taken more than a year??? mostly of this aircraft systems has DC6 brand new, and a first in xplane circuit breakers, how many aircraft developers till now, had simulated circuit breakers, how many developers put a decent documentation in his aircrafts??. 1, 2,3, 5???

Mostly of times not all developers, frame rates problems. that is very important, frame rates. Fluid flight

PS: With port over, I mean from fsx to X-plane

So please give a chance to PMDG, 

They are pioneers in flight simulation. Like Charles Lindbergh or Amelia Earhart.

Sorry for my English