PMDG Development Update Thread

Tom Knudsen

13 hours ago, CharlieZulu said:

I may have missed it somewhere, but is there any word or scuttlebutt over PMDG converting the 737 or 777 to xplane?

Nothing which mensions either specifically, a while back when they announced the DC-6 for XP PMDG said that they would later determine the viability of converting aircraft over to the platform but it would take a back seat to their normal development timeline of the 747v2 and work on converting fsx aircraft over to P3D.

On 6/30/2016 at 1:08 PM, CharlieZulu said:

Thanks.    That a bummer, I uninstalled both FSX and P3d when the IXEG came out . The only thing I miss is the 777 and the NG.     The IXEG is a great aircraft , but the level of detail and the automation in the PMDG a/c is very nice.  

IIRC, the IXEG will be getting further developed with addition deep level systems simulations. 

• 4 months later...

We are going to see one of their offerings moved over to Xplane eventually. How soon that will happen is yet to be known. When they started working on the DC6, they specifically mentioned that one of the goals was to create an aircraft to move it over to FSX, and then further down the road they would be moving an FSX plane over to XP. I believe they were essentially going to see which process they considered easier, and then for future releases they would initially develop on the platform they thought was easiest to convert from. I may have missed the mark, but that is how I was interpreting the things they were posting over on their forums.