flying humour

Simmo W

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

– “We were in the middle of boarding and a little old lady comes up to me in an absolute panic because she realized that she left her teeth in a bathroom in the airport. She was really upset because it was Thanksgiving, and she was visiting her family, and she needed her teeth to eat. I spent 10 minutes talking to the captain and people at the gate to try and locate her teeth. They were found eventually, but the plane had to leave, so we had to FedEx them to her.”

• 3 months later...

Vaguely aviation related joke.  There's a hot air balloon in it.

A dude in a hot air balloon realizes he is lost, and descends to a field, where he sees a person standing in a grassy clearing, and assumes it's a farmer out in his fields.

The balloonist comes down and yells, “Excuse me, can you help me, I'm lost, can you tell me where I am? I'm running late as I've promised to meet a friend in one hour.".

The person in the grassy field replied, “You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude.”

“You must be an engineer,” said the balloonist.

“I am,” replied the person on the ground, “How did you know?”
“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help so far.”

The person below responded, “You must be in Management.”

“I am,” replied the balloonist, “but how did you know?”

“Well,” said the engineer, “you don’t know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve all your problems for you. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it’s my fault.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...