A.I. & X-Plane 10

ksmith22

I don't believe that's what the AI option does.  AI aircraft are the additional aircraft that fly around you or taxi on the ground to create traffic for you.  You still have to fly the plane of which you are in command.  I don't believe you can just set up an AI plane and sit in the cockpit and let it do the flight for you.  

However, you CAN program the FMS or GPS with a flight plan, take off, set the autopilot, if your plane is so equipped, set up to intercept the ILS at your destination if there is one, and the plane will take you there and take you down to the runway, whereupon you retake control of the plane and land it and taxi to the tarmac.

Edited by ointment

When you select the A.I. option in x-plane 10, is the program intelligent enough to have you take off...fly to the intended destination and then land all by itself?

If you select "A.I. flies your plane" the plane will taxi to the runway, take off and fly to a destination set by A.I. but I've never seen it successfully land.

José