SkyMaxx Pro 2.1.1 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hi, 

I do not own SkyMaxx Pro weather system but I am really interesting about it. I just wanna ask if problems like 

"rain bug - rain drops fall only out of clouds"

"visibility - runways are seeing instead of low visibility across clouds"

are resolved in this version? 

Thank you .

* clouds change randomly in the flight, the meteo refresh sometimes and clouds change position without any reason,

X-Plane has always been this way for loading METARs. Nothing new to see here.

i cannot believe this, no one and also you don't notice this?? cm on......

You don't like to read, do you? Read the exact post you quoted.

"rain bug - rain drops fall only out of clouds"

That's this Viper guy posting those things. SkyMaxx Pro has been out over a year. He's the only one to complain, but to answer bluntly, no it hasn't been adjusted and won't be due to limitations. This has already been addressed in this topic.

"visibility - runways are seeing instead of low visibility across clouds"

Yes, this has been "solved".

X-Plane has always been this way for loading METARs. Nothing new to see here.

You don't like to read, do you? Read the exact post you quoted.

That's this Viper guy posting those things. SkyMaxx Pro has been out over a year. He's the only one to complain, but to answer bluntly, no it hasn't been adjusted and won't be due to limitations. This has already been addressed in this topic.

Yes, this has been "solved".

1) it's been always like this?? i didn't noticed before, cause when i bought it after some days i didn't use skymax anymore, so i noticed this only now. as far as, it cannot be turned off from some option?

ah about the radar, the radar of big jets clouds rappresents the clouds sees in the game?

2)he says that he and no one noticed before, it seems strange to me but, i don't think this is a problem :)

3)"The viper guy" is a consumer, i'm doing a big work on doing video to try to help work, and it's hard to me to write so much in english... but i think that is normal on the support forum to try to improve the plugin

4)yes, it's solved, but with overcast to medium or high i got slower fps with skymaxx than with default engine with clouds to 85%, so at the end i have to still use the bad default clouds, cause of the rain too

the clouds are a loooot more beauty of the dafault, a lot, but with overcast to medium or high it's hard to get nicely fps

I just visited the rain "situation" Viper and honestly you really are over reaching here.  In reality snow and rain will not contrast much against clouds, the effect with SMP looks just fine.  

You are beating a dead horse Viper, we are aware of the situation,  personally when I see this constant badgering from a "consumer" I feel as if our product is being trolled.  Our user base knows we offer frequent updates based on feedback.

You just found something you perceive as a negative and you  want it to be at the front of our support forums for all to see.

Ill finish with saying "noted" lets see what the future brings.......

Ill be here looking forward to any more reaching you might do.......

<<EDIT>>

Upon further investigation, look at this image of 2.1.1 in high resolution......you can see the precipitation contrasting properly through the cloud density

yDN9or9.jpg

Edited by JohnMAXX

I just visited the rain "situation" Viper and honestly you really are over reaching here.  In reality snow and rain will not contrast much against clouds, the effect with SMP looks just fine.  

You are beating a dead horse Viper, we are aware of the situation,  personally when I see this constant badgering from a "consumer" I feel as if our product is being trolled.  Our user base knows we offer frequent updates based on feedback.

You just found something you perceive as a negative and you  want it to be at the front of our support forums for all to see.

Ill finish with saying "noted" lets see what the future brings.......

Ill be here looking forward to any more reaching you might do.......

<<EDIT>>

Upon further investigation, look at this image of 2.1.1 in high resolution......you can see the precipitation contrasting properly through the cloud density

the effect of the rain is a lot worse in the night, it's clear from my video

the effect of the rain is a lot worse in the night, it's clear from my video, i think that all i'm doing is trying to help improve, but you staff continue to feel like if i'm attacking you personally

i'm here to support, not to attack you, i think that this is addon is a great work, the patch is a great improve, but it still need some more improvements

im sorry if you are in trouble with this but this add on is just too much expensive to leave it and don't use it without trying to fix what (i think) it can be done better

Edited by Viper04

I don't Even know what is a sdk, but I don't need to know what is a sdk to See that rain sukcs a lot :)

Im Not interested in how it works, i buyed a product and i'm here to say what i think on it cause it's an expensive product

as far as i Sad every problem i found, just continue to joke me cause i dont understand english well

I don't Even know what is a sdk, but I don't need to know what is a sdk to See that rain sukcs a lot

SDK = Software Development Kit

Im Not interested in how it works

And that's the problem. You want something that's technically not possible within the bounds of the X-Plane SDK. So, considering you aren't interested in how it works, I guess there's not much else to talk about with you.

as far as i Sad every problem i found, just continue to joke me cause i dont understand english well

No, it's not joking with you because of your lack of english skills. They are obviously good enough to communicate. It is the fact that you don't like to learn why certain things are not implemented. Things that cannot be implemented or changed.

Ita hard to me think that is NOT possible if with default engine rain work ok

So how is possible? Default engine can do It and your pugin no? There is some problem At The base maybe

This is so strange, i take this addon to have a Boost on wheater. . And in some situation this add on is a lot better that default, but it's no Sense that if I want to use your addon i have to take rain bugged cause is impossibile to fix.

Edited by Viper04

So how is possible? Default engine can do It and your pugin no?

That's correct. X-Plane only allows plugins to access some parts of the simulator, not all of them. Just because X-Plane has rain and can change it does NOT mean we can. It is something Laminar does not give access to for plugins to change.

Hi

I'm running Xplane 10.32 on an IMac 4 ghz 32 gb ram and a 4 gb AMD card. I've noticed that on occasions I get a band across the screen, beige and chequered. If I disable Silver Lining the band disappears. Anyone ideas what might be causing this. If I am using HDR and this happens if I disable HDR this again gets rid of the band across the screen. I have a non AMD IMac and this is not a problem with that setup. This has only been happening since the latest Skymaxx Pro update.

Again this does not happen with Silverlining disabled.

post-10035-0-43436700-1421613183_thumb.j

If you click on the image you can see the patterned band across the image.

I'm running Xplane 10.32 on an IMac 4 ghz 32 gb ram and a 4 gb AMD card. I've noticed that on occasions I get a band across the screen, beige and chequered. If I disable Silver Lining the band disappears. Anyone ideas what might be causing this. If I am using HDR and this happens if I disable HDR this again gets rid of the band across the screen. I have a non AMD IMac and this is not a problem with that setup. This has only been happening since the latest Skymaxx Pro update.

All of this sounds like driver issues. Is this reproducible 100% of the time on your system?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I read this 3 pages of discussion because I have the same rain issue since i updated Skymaxx pro. Could it be caused by an older nvidia driver??? I use GTX 770 337.88 driver version.

Thanks for the great work however!!!

Note the rain is drawn only where there aren't any clouds.post-16099-0-84831200-1423319798_thumb.p

Edited by Maupilot81

Hi, I read this 3 pages of discussion because I have the same rain issue since i updated Skymaxx pro. Could it be caused by an older nvidia driver??? I use GTX 770 337.88 driver version.

Thanks for the great work however!!!

Note the rain is drawn only where there aren't any clouds.attachicon.gif737_8.png

No. It's always been this way. Plenty of discussion on it here and something we cannot fix. If you truly read this whole thread you would have found that out. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a problem with SkyMaxxPro v2.1

You can see it here:

CSPAeN.jpg

I thought it was a conflict with Maxx-Fx ...

But no, it is SkyMaxxPro responsible if I disable the display of the scene is correct!

The problem does not happen with generic buildings (W2XP) but with the buildings of the scenes (for example: LSGS available on the org)

The problem also happens with vehicles or trees.

This blue-purple color disappears when approaching the subject sufficiently and then displays its true texture.

I finally thought the problem was .png files: I then converted those LSGS in dds using "xptools_mac_12-2" without success!

My hardware:

MacBook Pro 17" Late 2011  Intel Core i7 2,5 Ghz

16 GO DDR3 1600 Mhz

2 Video Card : 

• Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 

• AMD Radeon HD 6770M  1 Go VRAM

X-Plane 10.32

Tile Photo Zoom 17 Swiss (SeamHeaven)

w2xp beta 6 Word : w2xp Only

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic