Information on the NORCAL release

Cameron

This is the kind of scenery that will and is converting me completely over to X-Plane. I've only just very recently started to really see the benefits of X-Plane 10. I bought it, installed it but never really went back to it because of the scenery.

Thank you so much for putting out such fantastic products. I am really looking forward to all your future scenery's.

I have bought two scenery products from you so far and I intend to buy every single one of the present and future products.

Can't wait :)

I now have 4 products - Island of Oahu, Phoenix Hi-Res, Oregon and now Washington.

Great scenery's thank you Cameron!! And looking forward to more :)

Kind regards

Craig

PS: Thank you heaps for the help on the downloading side of things :)

I now have 4 products - Island of Oahu, Phoenix Hi-Res, Oregon and now Washington.

Thanks so much for your business and your enthusiasm, Craig! Make sure you take a look at the Reno/Carson City scenery - it's my personal favorite and has great imagery and airports. It also neighbors the NorCal scenery now in development.

Eric

RealScenery.com

Edited by RealScenery

Thanks Eric,

I love your scenery and I will definately be purshasing Reno/Carson City and the rest in the very near future - a week or two! 

I'm also looking forward to NorCal, so I will be one of the first in cue to buy that one :)

Just for your info, I recently purchased some Megasceneryearth states for FSX and found them pretty good - but with blurries - big time!! It distracts alot from the enjoyment but then I happened to find your 'RealScenery' for X-Plane and your scenery blows theres out of the water/sky. Yours is so clear and crisp, and no blurries what so ever!!

I run an Intel i7 extreme 990x overclocked to 4.6 with 12 gigs of ram and two Nvidia Titans running in SLI. I have three 27 inch monitors so seeing your scenery on my system is a dream.

Thanks again,

Kind regards

Craig

Edited by cabnz1

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates? Screenshots and forums have been quiet for a couple weeks. My wallet is ready to splash some cash ;)

Thanks for your enthusiasm! We'll have some great surprises and new aspects to the scenery that we'll show here soon. No one has seen these yet, and we're excited to show you some new enhancements that go beyond what you've seen so far in the screenshot of the day forum.

Thanks for your enthusiasm! We'll have some great surprises and new aspects to the scenery that we'll show here soon. No one has seen these yet, and we're excited to show you some new enhancements that go beyond what you've seen so far in the screenshot of the day forum.

This is taking forever, holy smoke...

Will you be working on SOCAL after the release of NORCAL ? And is going to take forever as well ?

Regards.............

P.S.

Will there be a high resolution update for the Florida scenery ?

Edited by strider

Hey there strider , there are a lot of us who have been waiting well over two years for this release so as frusterating as it is we can only be patient , and as far ad socal, well i am 63 years old and healthy but dont expect I will ever see that one !! But can always hope. :-)

• Upvote 1

Will you be working on SOCAL after the release of NORCAL ? And is going to take forever as well ?

We will someday get to SOCAL. It will not be our next release, however.

Will there be a high resolution update for the Florida scenery ?

We have plans to eventually introduce Enhanced versions of our legacy sceneries. These will likely not be free.

We will someday get to SOCAL. It will not be our next release, however.

We have plans to eventually introduce Enhanced versions of our legacy sceneries. These will likely not be free.

Someday... Am I noticing a pattern here ? One Island in the Hawaii islands, half the state CA and you will probably do half the state of Texas next, lol....

Hmm.... is it an image based 3d digitizer for bldgs?

Maybe they've added lazers?!

Excited to find out.  Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was quiet on the Real Scenery forums ... Too Quiet... :)

You guys ok over there?

Just the calm before the storm! Everything has been updated for the current 64-bit version of X-Plane. This includes the seamless edge matching of elevation values among the tile meshes and a totally overhauled airport flattening algorithm. We've also brought in some new imagery to improve a few areas as well. In addition, a new robust installer has been developed to give you a trouble-free experience, even for our customers on low-bandwidth connections!

Most importantly, I've teamed up with a couple of other developers and we're incorporating some new capabilities into the scenery that have never been done before with X-Plane 10. We'll have some new screenshots to show you soon!

Edited by RealScenery
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...