Information on the NORCAL release

Cameron

What is being owed is the truth. To be honest, I once was looking forward getting the product. Today, I feel insulted because of being fooled.

Fooled about what? To be exact, what investment of money do you currently have invested into this product? I'm not following you here.

I'm pretty sure I just gave some insight into this product in the very post you are quoting. It was pure truth. Given that you don't have any idea into what has gone on behind the scenes, I'd say you have little say as to what is or is not truth at this point. When it's released you can then chastise all you want. Until then, your investment in this product is nowhere near that of the costs we have incurred through development. That's the truth!

Fooled about what? To be exact, what investment of money do you currently have invested into this product?

I get your frustration Cameron. I know you guys are working very hard on making an awesome product, and I'll be excited when it is ready.

The crucial point being missed however, is that it is customer loyality that is being invested on our part.

Many of us have been actively cheering you on and supporting your efforts for at least a year. If you have a favorite football team, you'll understand. We want you guys to win!

Therefore, when you tell us things like... keep your eyes peeled for X, or in the next few days we'll reveal Y... or some big big news is just around the corner... etc. We invest our time, interest, enthuaism, and genuine hope in the expectation that you are going to reveal what it is that you said you would reveal.

We all want you to succeed, and we appreciate all of the enormous work you and your team has put into this. We just don't to feel like our loyalty is taken for granted.

That said, thank you for sticking with this project, and with us. I know you guys will get there!

Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes in the new year!

• Upvote 3

Therefore, when you tell us things like... keep your eyes peeled for X, or in the next few days we'll reveal Y... or some big big news is just around the corner... etc. We invest our time, interest, enthuaism, and genuine hope in the expectation that you are going to reveal what it is that you said you would reveal.

None of which merits the poor attitude shown by a select few individuals here.

Thanks for posting coherently.

WOW polygonpusher ! I don't think anybody could have said that better and with such fairness to all! . What a guy !! I too like many fans of the norcal project have been watching and patiently waiting for over three years and even tho there has been no money exchanged it was a little harsh to be told we are owed nothing ! Like you I wish everyone on this project all the best on its completion ,but for now anyway I am going to move along as well !

Cheers to all !

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this still a good place to see the progress of this upcoming product? If not where else should I be looking? 

Heya,

I know this can be extremely frustrating with a lack of news postings, but truth be told sometimes there's just nothing to speak of. In the world of programming, sometimes no news is good news. :)

NORCAL has been an extraordinary project for both RealScenery and X-Aviation. Not only is it the largest product ever built by RealScenery, but the technical challenges of distribution have also been at play. A lot of folks don't realize that these types of things take time, and so instead it's easy to air frustration. For the most part, the wait has been because we have always said to ourselves that NORCAL will be a defining product...one that a lot of folks will hold to a high degree, and as such we have worked tirelessly to perfect it over the years. It's just that big of a coverage area and project!

The infrastructure we have had to build in order to distribute this has been a long time in the making, and only recently have we got things dialed in. Many of the other products have been placed on the newer delivery platform in recent times and a lot of feedback from customers has been a "beta" of sorts to help us fix potential bugs on the delivery system prior to release of NORCAL. We know the demand for this product will be huge. It is quite literally the most asked about product daily in our enquiry form at X-Aviation.

The wait is almost over. We're very close, and we're super excited. Hang in there! :)

• Upvote 1

Cameron,

Not an issue of frustration, just wanted to make sure I was paying attention in the correct area. Looking forward to the release whenever it happens.

Be careful not to hype it too much. You don't want a Disney "John Carter" on your hands! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...