Information on the NORCAL release

Cameron

The new forums are great in that you can customize the most recent posts as well. Make sure you look at the options on the left side of the "View New Content" page. I have a bookmark to view unread posts. For me, this is the best way to keep up on all the posts so I don't miss anything.

Also, at the top of each forum is a button which allows you to follow that topic and recieve an alert if a new post occurs.

• 5 weeks later...

So... any news on a possible release anytime soon?

Thanks for showing some excitement!

We are inching very close to a release. There was a MAJOR backend overhaul done for this package. Tests thus far have gone well and we're in the phase of finishing up last minute touches.

I don't want to give a finalized date, but I'd say we're VERY VERY close. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Cameron,

Just curious, now that you are testing X-Plane 10, about how do RealScenery packages integrate with it. I would assume that all OSM integration and procedural buildings are overridden by the package, would that be the case?

RealScenery works flawlessly in X-Plane 10. Load times are fantastic, and the scenery mixed with X-Plane's lighting is really very nice. The pack overrides whatever we tell it to. In X-Plane 9 we made the decision to override due to the poor placement of objects in sim. With X-Plane 10 the verdict is still out. Depending on how it looks we'll make the decision to choose whatever makes the scenery look most convincing in sim!

Should we choose to make some kind of update for this, all customers who have purchased for 9 will get a FREE upgrade to 10.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can still expect a release soon.

I am really looking forward to this release. Credit card is ready. :)

I highly appreciate your efforts here. Better to redo a project than to rush it out not having achieved the quality that might have been possible!

Manni

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We're working on it as I write this. We've had to let the dust settle on X-Plane 10, but we're trying to make this take advantage of both versions 9 and 10 as much as possible. Thanks for your continued interest. I know to many, this seems like a dead project, but I can assure you, it is alive an well! :) Thanks for your continued interest!

Eric

• 1 month later...

For all of you waiting for the new NorCal photoscenery, make sure to read Cameron's latest blog post for a full update of this and all the great X-Aviation products in development. The final installer code and compatibility with our high-speed servers across the globe are the last major tasks to get completed now. Lots of great info in Cameron's latest blog.