So, erm.....seasons?

scotchegg

If we are going to do it we are going to do it right :)

Im about 90% finished with texturing and refining but we are hoping to gain control on how those textures are loaded.

Hang tight the project isnt dead by any stretch ;)

Hello John.  I'm a complete newbie to X plane which probably qualifies me to ask a stupid question:)     First of all your project looks amazing and i very much look forward to purchasing it  but how long would a project of this size take before its ready for release?  About 6 months? a year maybe ? Ball-park? 

Ugh thats a tough question to answer for any project it all depends on a lot of variables...

External influences

Project size

Bug killing

Life events

X-plane limitations and work around

Optimization and texture refinement

Marketing

Documentation

So on and so on.....taking those things into account you can see how difficult it is to put a time on it....

This will for sure be another ground breaking release from Maxx for X-Plane. I think Laminar should change the name to MAXX-Plane.

Or, since the dev team seems *very* small at Laminar...

Laminar could hire the folks that are getting it done, and getting it done right. Or acquire the small companies that have proven that they have the ability to produce very high quality add-ons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. System specs: Windows 7 Pro, EVGA X58 3x classified 3 MOBO, i7 960 @3.2Ghz, 24Gb Ram, Nvidia EVGA GTX 780ti with 3 Gb VRAM.

Ugh thats a tough question to answer for any project it all depends on a lot of variables...

External influences

Project size

Bug killing

Life events

X-plane limitations and work around

Optimization and texture refinement

Marketing

Documentation

So on and so on.....taking those things into account you can see how difficult it is to put a time on it....

Looks really great,  looking forward to the future of X-Plane

• 3 weeks later...