CRJ 200: Cannot Start Right Engine

alexdm

Now I reinstalled the plane and the right engine starts but now the throttle doesn't respond (omg what is with this plane....) I can see the throttle movng in the sim but nothing happens, engines doesn't increase.

I wish there was somebody answering in this forum...is x-aviation still in business? I havent received any reply to a ticket in a week!

No one else is reporting problems like this. I have not been able to reproduce, and I suspect the developers have not either. The usual helpful CRJ regulars of this forum have not responded either, so I suspect this is isolated to your end, unfortunately.

Nothing has changed in this product for years. I apologize, but I honestly have nothing else to offer on this one. Try it in a fresh XP10 demo with just the CRJ installed? Your XP sim is full of errors not related to this product.

By the way, sending in multiple support tickets puts you at the bottom of the queue.

I only sent multiple tickets because I didn't receive an answer. Sorry, if I annoyed someone but it seemed all very quiet.

Anyway, I am quite puzzled to hear that  if someone experiences a problem for the first time, that nobody has experienced before, then there is no support available whatsoever.

I also had no problem with this plane up to XP 10.25 now you are saying that there is no solution for a plane in which the throttle advance but the engines are not increasing. I find that quite disarming, to be honest. I think that as a client who spent 60 USD on something, at least any possible solution should be looked for to trying and fix it. Instead, sentences like "No one else is reporting problems like this. " make me wonder if I should say "oh well, then I'll trash this plane".

Regarding the errors in my sim, I had that analysed, and I have been told that they are errors related to sceneries and that they are not really affecting the sim, let alone the CRJ200.

What about if you guys would be willing to make a little effort on a post-sale and direct the issue to the developer? 

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by alexdm

Try the product in a clean install of the X-Plane demo with no additional third party content other than what the CRJ installs.

This will not affect your activation count. Your hardware key will be the same.

You also need to take the full text of the reply into account. This product has been stable for thousands of users for many years.

Try the product in a clean install of the X-Plane demo with no additional third party content other than what the CRJ installs.

This will not affect your activation count. Your hardware key will be the same.

You also need to take the full text of the reply into account. This product has been stable for thousands of users for many years.

Thanks for your tip. Will try.

Also, regarding me needing to take the full reply into account, I understand what you and Cameron say, but still if someone has got a bizarre, unheard issue, I reckon this person should be assisted anyway in a complete manner. This is how I see that.

I understand what you and Cameron say, but still if someone has got a bizarre, unheard issue, I reckon this person should be assisted anyway in a complete manner. This is how I see that.

I don't disagree with you, but what is the definition of "complete?" I cannot always solve a problem if it is not able to be replicated. Considering how long the CRJ has been on the market, and how many thousands of customers there are, AND the fact that only you have these issues, AND the fact that you had a really bizzarre, unheard of issue for the Saab, I'd venture to guess I'm NOT going to be able to replicate this and that it's only isolated to you and your system. You're going to have to do some toying around here. I simply don't have answers for this one. Completely different than not offering you support at all. Of course, if other customers complain then we'll open up more investigation because we'll at least have other people that can repeat the behavior and help in solving this.

I got the message and I don't expect anymore any support but I just wanted to share this in case you guys got an idea.

I tried launching the CRJ200 with engines already running (not from cold and dark) and everything works perfectly, both engines on and responding to the throttle. If I then cut the fuel with the 2 levers on the throttle and start the engine again, they both start, but there is no way that the throttle responds. I can see the throttle moving  up and down on the screen (both using my external throttle and/or manipulating the throttle in the sim) but the engine stay on idle.

...but did you try the CRJ in a clean install of X-Plane (demo)? No? Then there's nothing to discuss.

You complain about not being offered what you feel is satisfactory technical support while ignoring technical support that is offered.

wow, getting even more aggressive mate! hahah I just havent had the time to try what you suggested and shared what happened in the meanwhile. Will try that when I'm back (travelling now for business) and thanks again for suggesting that...but take it easy mate...;-) 

• 7 months later...