SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 issues.

Dale H

I havent seen poping in, do you mean abrupt changes in the shading or clouds just appearing immediately?

My suggestion right now would be to knock the cloud details down a bit to help with the regeneration speed...

Clouds faiding in the distance is an expected result.....increasing the draw distance will greatly minimize this effect as long as the visibility is high in the xpx default weather dialog....

OK, eems increasing the cloud draw distance fixed that issue. I do notice however when flying from a cloudy condition to a clear area, the clouds simple just fade and disappear until I get to an area where clouds are reported. Is there a way to have the clouds not disappear in front of the aircraft but instead fade away a distance behind?

This is a limitation of the x-plane sdk at the moment. Our hopes for the future of the product will be having the ability to accurately present weather fronts.....

Under most situations we are representing weather very well and we have talked with LR about having more control over the default weather engine....

This will help us out and also give another developer the ability to create a more refined weather engine.

SM is great because it is breaking new ground in x-plane & as you know we are focused on bringing more refinements when we can...

I'm not sure if this has been documented but I haven't seen it in this thread.

An issue with stratus clouds (the "foggy" preset in the quick-start menu) - happened at KPSP. There are also some minor issues with cloud shadows moving with the aircraft while in flight .. but it seems as if the shadows will be treated in the next update! Anyway, besides these two bugs SMPv2 is great and I've had it only a day.

post-10708-0-34556200-1408683796_thumb.p

• 3 months later...

hello folks.

I just purchased SMP2 and now, trying to fly it i seem to have a problem concerning the cirrus clouds.

when they are activated, a weird visibility layer covers everything and during sunset hours even makes the landscape look like a winter wonderland.

When deactivating the cirrus clouds, everything goes back to normal. Attached it a screenshot of hoy my world looks when having the cirrus layer activated.

Any help?

http://i.imgur.com/5INj5I2.png

Edited by ottoh11

How did you activate cirrus clouds? Is this the "force cirrus" option in SkyMaxx Pro's configuration, or did you enable cirrus via the X-Plane weather configuration? If the latter, what is the altitude of the cirrus layer? It sort of looks like you have somehow positioned a cirrus cloud in between your camera and the rest of the scene, but you'd have to really try to do that. Not something I've seen before, so we'll need more details on how you got this to happen please.

Your log.txt file might also be good to see.

Edited by sundog

i found that in cockpit view, the clouds cover the rain and it seems like the clouds are painted on the glass of the plane... it's a very bad view

And again, after several hours off check, i set mid on overlay quality and cloud distance to max, this was the only way to have nice effect

with default cloud distance clouds are toooo near, and they are a lot worse of default cloud

at the end, this add on is good only with few clouds, overcast and stratus is a lot more enjoyable on default wheather system

as far as, after several try, i regret a lot to have bought this add on, i could have spent money a lot better

We have tried hard to explain to you Viper the backgound stuff involved with SkyMAXX. Since its release we have provided a series of important updates to further enhance the product and even released a greatly improved V2 for free to the user base.......

Because our product doesnt do what "YOU" want it to do you start kicking and screaming like a child, well you look foolish and this does nothing to help our product grow......

We care about the product greatly and we are focused on continuing to further enhance our already fantastic offering...... Nothing of this scope has ever been attempted in X-Plane and LR has been fantastic in giving us the tools to suceed but what we want to accomplish takes time......

I suggest you revert back to the default clouds if they present a better environment for you, or you will be met with constant frustration and my Zen like lifestyle sees your behavior troubling....

Edited by JohnMAXX

This is not a free add on, i payed a lot 3 days ago for this addon, i'm a consumer, and you call me a child?? where is your professionality??

i'm here cause this is the forum support of a PAYWARE addon, a payware addon with clouds painted on the glass of the planel. ith the worst rain in history... you are saying that you are doing your best?? your best is not enough for an addon that cost more than half the price of the entirely game.

and yes, when i see the rain covered from the clouds in distance i fell A LOT frustrated of the money i spent

this is not being a child

as far as, i alredy use default engine for big overcast of course, ifr is UNPLAYABLE without fog

i don't think that what I want is so strange, a wheater add on that can do the same thing of default engine, BETTER

here i can't do the same thing of default engine, and something is also worse then default engine (the rain IS TERRIBLE)

Edited by Viper04

Yes I think you are very frustrating to deal with Im sure more than a few people would agree with me........

I dont hear anything else but a loud high pitch squeal.............

We worked hard to try and help you and you continue to beat a dead horse.......

Everything promised by SkyMAXX was provided in your purchase and more my friend.   This add-on has been around for awhile and there is plenty of information available to you prior to making a purchase.  I really have a hard time understanding why you are so angry.  It is very troubling.........

i can't record in hd so it's not so visible, but on my pc in hd is terrible, rain is only on HALF screen, and is only another bad thing i found from yesterday

and you say why i'm angry

i'll try to find an hd recorder

p.s.

i don't want you to get hard time, i want to have a working add on

Edited by Viper04