SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 issues.

Dale H

I've loaded and reloaded both versions of SMP with all other plugins removed.  I also completely removed my custom scenery folder which I believe has a couple of airport specific plugins.  Unfortunately, my XP 10.30b8 installation still only runs V1.  V2 will run if there are no clouds, but as soon as the clouds start to show it slows to a complete standstill; fps rate of 0.225 :(  

I'm fairly certain it is not a ram issue as I have 8GB and iStat says only about half is being used.  I do notice that when the frame drop way down, one of my 8 cores is locked up at 100%.  I'm beginning to think this may have to do with the Gizmo64 plugin that V2 installs during installation.  Is Gizmo only specific to V2?

Skycolors could not be opened because it's empty.

I had this Problem with SM 1.0 and reported this to Cameron, 1.2 the Problem was solved.

Now it's again.

Low Framerate, Skycolors loaded and anything as low as possible if You understand what i mean. Only "Flags" "Discreet FPS" is loaded,

Frames 2

Its a fresh copy of XP, no custom Scenerie loaded.

Normaly XP runs between 18FPS or 120FPS.

And John, i am not stupid, i know that the ram goes up and down, because of what plane is loaded,for instance SSGs 748 is a killer or KJFK from Aerosoft.

Alpilots Scenerie never was drastic, real weather with Thunderstorms is a killer too.

Man i work 25 Years with Computers, i'm the admin for the Computers in an Gymnasium and i tried anything up and down the row.

Fakt is My iMac is not fast enough for Your SM 2.0 Plug.

Maybe You make 1.3.3 Downloadable again, would be good enough for me.

Last one was a good running XP with cool Skymaxxi

But this Plug is for a very high end sort of Computers.

It makes no sense to have only clouds with a low framerate and no rays and no distance, i am not criticizing You it,s a real good tool.

I deleted what i bought but cannot use this, anyway it's ok for me.

Sometimes You win sometimes You loose.

Hochachtungsvoll

Gerhard Schulz

post-9835-0-66400800-1407790143_thumb.pn

Interesting that I have the same computer and OS as Saynday and experiencing the same problem.  

My next step is the remove all aircraft and custom scenery, then install SMP V2 and see how that goes.  Will report back.

Nano

Edited by Nano

Skycolors could not be opened because it's empty.

I had this Problem with SM 1.0 and reported this to Cameron, 1.2 the Problem was solved.

Now it's again.

Low Framerate, Skycolors loaded and anything as low as possible if You understand what i mean. Only "Flags" "Discreet FPS" is loaded,

Frames 2

Its a fresh copy of XP, no custom Scenerie loaded.

Normaly XP runs between 18FPS or 120FPS.

And John, i am not stupid, i know that the ram goes up and down, because of what plane is loaded,for instance SSGs 748 is a killer or KJFK from Aerosoft.

Alpilots Scenerie never was drastic, real weather with Thunderstorms is a killer too.

Man i work 25 Years with Computers, i'm the admin for the Computers in an Gymnasium and i tried anything up and down the row.

Fakt is My iMac is not fast enough for Your SM 2.0 Plug.

Maybe You make 1.3.3 Downloadable again, would be good enough for me.

Last one was a good running XP with cool Skymaxxi

But this Plug is for a very high end sort of Computers.

It makes no sense to have only clouds with a low framerate and no rays and no distance, i am not criticizing You it,s a real good tool.

I deleted what i bought but cannot use this, anyway it's ok for me.

Sometimes You win sometimes You loose.

Hochachtungsvoll

Gerhard Schulz

You have made a lot of inaccurate claims and have been very rude so sorry if you are going to have to wait until we can address Nano's problem.  I didnt ask for your log file but was trying to address your issue also now yhis ridiculous reply....

Well one bit of interesting information in this case is that his graphics card only has 512MB of VRAM. That probably doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for SMP2. However, it's a similar setup to my own iMac that I've been developing and testing the Mac version of SMP2 on, and it runs fine on it. However again, my iMac is running X-Plane 10.25 (not the beta 10.30) and Mavericks, which is different from this configuration. My iMac also has no other plugins or custom scenery, other than Maxx-FX of course :)

Nano - it's not clear to me if you already tried my earlier suggestion of configuring SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 to have a similar memory footprint to SkyMaxx Pro 1.3. If you disable the cloud shadows, lens flare, and hi-res cloud puffs options in SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 - then exit and restart X-Plane - does it run better?

Edited by sundog

Interesting that I have the same computer and OS as Saynday and experiencing the same problem.  

My next step is the remove all aircraft and custom scenery, then install SMP V2 and see how that goes.  Will report back.

Nano

Well I did that and got the same results.  At times I would get 40+ fps and then it would drop down to .025 and drag on.  I was using the Falcon 7X which does use the SASL plugin.  I guess that would be the next logical step to see if that is the issue.

Update.  Don't exactly know what I did except move all my custom scenery and aircraft back into the XPlane folder and now getting good frame rate with SMP V2.  Currently flying Carenado BE58 to Nice and getting 26 fps with broken clouds below.  Now that I have it working, I can see that V2 is much more visually appealing to V1.  Thanks for the great work John.  

Nano

Good luck to Saynday.  Hope you get it running well.

Edited by Nano
  • Upvote 2

There was a bug in an older version of XSquawkBox that could be triggered by any other plugin. Do a Google search for "XSquawkBox crash" and you'll see what I mean. You need to make sure you're running the latest version of XSB - it's not a Skymaxx Pro issue.

Several of our beta testers flew regularly with the FF 757.

Great! that sounds good. I have done a few flights with the 757 and Skymaxx Pro 2.0. The only issue so far I have with xsquawkbox right now is the crash to desktop on start up of x-plane, not a fault of skymaxx pro. I think its a problem with xsquawkbox itself. I don't know if you are familiar with this issue Sundog, but every time I want to use X-plane, I have to start ''X-plane 10 32 bit'' first then I start the ''64 bit version'' and It doesn't crash on start up. I do see some other issue with Skymaxx Pro 2.0 with the general change/weather update but think i will start a new topic regarding that.

Edited by SkyCaptainA320

Hey devs, any chance the clouds will be much darker  at nights in the next update?

No. We're quite happy with how they've turned out now. Sorry if this is disappointing to you, but we have already received MANY comments on how much people like the new way of clouds transition during evening and the colors they are.

No. We're quite happy with how they've turned out now. Sorry if this is disappointing to you, but we have already received MANY comments on how much people like the new way of clouds transition during evening and the colors they are.

I am personally very happy with the cloud visibility at night. Big improvement over v1. I don't want to be taking a performance hit for clouds at night if I can't even see them.