SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 issues.

Dale H

Had XP 10.25 running with SkyMaxx Pro 1.3.3 and everything running fine and absolutely loved it. Installed SMP 2.0 into XP 10.25and having issues (unable to zoom out in any view). Ran X-Aviation SMP uninstaller and nothing uninstalled. Have XP 1.30 v8 beta running without SMP and all is well with my views. I did not make a back up copy of my XP 10.25 (learned big lesson here). Now I am going to have to install another virgin copy of 10.25 to run unless I decide to go with 10.30. Had 10.25 running nice with SMP 1.3.3. I am not happy about this.

1) How come the X-Aviation uninstaller didn't work?

2) Does SMP 2.0 run with XP 10.30 beta?

3) Appreciate the free upgrade. I really did not anticipate issues installing the update. Would have been willing to pay for SMP 2.0 if it worked. Will NOT be making this mistake again.

Thanks,

Have a question if it was the installation of SMP 2 which caused an issue. Would like to uninstall to see. The uninstaller didn't work. Would like to be able to remove plugins to see if any conflict. No proof SMP was causing the issue but 10.25 worked perfectly and was rock stable until I installed SMP 2. I am not saying SMP is the cause. It may be though. I would like to try to find out without having to reinstall 10.25 because I was dumb enough to figure there would be no problems and didn't back up. SMP is a wonderful product.

I am glad B8 SMP are working. Does 10.25 and SMP work? I thought it would.

10.25 and SMP has been throughly tested yes it works great....

You can manually take the folder "silverlining" out for your plugins folder,  run the updater in X-Plane to get your defaults back for testing....

Im not saying you are not seeing a problem but there could be a a conflict with the beta, SMP and possibly another plugin.  If you can investigate on your end it would help to isolate the issue.   I can tell you everything is fine on my end with 10.25 10.30 B8 and SMP......

Hello John,

I seem to be having an issue when SilverLining is in the plugins.

X-plane gets stuck when loading at: will init ATC

Seems to work fine when SilverLinings removed.

I'm on Mac OS.

Ironically SMP 2.0 worked when I used it last night. Looks excellent. I can't remember if that was pre-beta 8 upgrade I did yesterday (I had been on beta 7) or not.

I've tried uninstall and reinstall. Does SMP make a preference file which perhaps I need to try removing manually?

Cheers

Andy

OK something a bit strange is going on.

It wouldn't start again for several attempts with the same pause at: will init ATC

I tried taking more plugins out. No joy. I then randomly replaced all the plugins including 'xgs' and to my surprise it loaded, once.

Now it is stuck on will init ATC again.

Some strange thing occurring randomly but not on every start up?

Andy

Edited by andydckent

So following on from steps above I re-removed 'xgs' and it worked again once.

Then on second launch it was stuck. Not got it running again yet.

I've tried removing all the other plugins and it still get's stuck.

If I remove silverlinings it works again.

Not a complaint by the way just trying to help identify and solve problem.

Andy

Hello,

I've tried removing scenery_pack file and newest scenery packs but still gets stuck.

I've removed silverlinings and turned off AI aircraft off and then re-added silverlinings and it is stuck at same place.

Specs:

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

OS X 10.9.4

Log.txt

Cheers guys!

Andy

My gut tells me that your 350+ custom scenery packages is simply causing you to run out of memory once you throw in yet another plugin. I would try temporarily removing all of your custom scenery and see if that makes a difference. If not, you also have quite a few plugins installed - sometimes installing a new plugin can move memory around such that it exposes a crash in another plugin. You could also try disabling all plugins except SkyMaxx and Gizmo and see if that makes a difference.

You have a ton of scenery errors in your log, but nothing that implicates SkyMaxx Pro.

My gut tells me that your 350+ custom scenery packages is simply causing you to run out of memory once you throw in yet another plugin.

I don't think that memory is the problem here -- the scenery packages aren't loaded all at the same time ;) Also, all these scenery errors are quite normal, I guess most users will have these in their log.txt file. Sometimes they are not even related to custom scenery. (I wonder for a long time when this stuff will be sorted by Laminar...)

This said, I second your suggestion to temporarily remove all scenery and all plugins.

Edited by Mario Donick

Oh yes, I would say - by looking at your Log.txt - that you are pushing your RAM usage too far. Having in photosceney and some OSM based (world2xplane) stuff for the same location can already push you over the limit of 8 GB (you know, there is no such thing as "free lunch" ... and everything in a sim needs its own share of your resources)! So, removing that stuff, might help you .... or just upgrade to 16 GB of RAM (which is highly recommended nowadays - as a minimum - if you want to use lots of stuff in XP10)

And totally off topic (sorry, but I see this too often nowadays, and bang my head on the table): why you guys do NOT read the install instruction of HD Mesh Scenery v2, Tree Lines and Farm, and New Zealand Pro? Why the heck is all your overlay scenery stuff always below(!!!) any of the mesh scenery? I mean these lines:

347 Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery2/
348 Custom Scenery/zzz_new_zealand/
349 Custom Scenery/zzz_new_zealand_overlay/
350 Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/
351 Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_North_America_v2/

You should it have more like this (and this is documented in the isntallation instructions!!!!):

Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/
Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_North_America_v2/

Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery2/

Custom Scenery/zzz_new_zealand_overlay/
Custom Scenery/zzz_new_zealand/

The way you have it now, will NOT let you see any of the overalys (tree lines and farms, and NZ overlay)!!!

OK so removing all of the custom scenery seems to make it work again.

Is this going to be a memory issue  or is there a clash with a particular scenery or plugin used by a scenery?

Bear in mind that I have had all plugins and scenery running plus skymaxx at least a couple of times, but only for the first opening and not on subsequent openings of the program.

Cheers

Andy