SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 2.0 upgrade for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.0 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains SkyMaxx Pro purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "SkyMaxx Pro".

This is a major upgrade and warrants a new preview video!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:
  • New cloud shadows with adjustable intensity - uses a new shadowing technique never before seen in X-Plane, with no measurable framerate impact
  • New hi-res cloud puff option - this uses a novel new hybrid approach to combine high-resolution phototexture detail with our volumetric rendering.
  • New lens flare option
  • Towering cumulus clouds (new cloud type!) will be added when thunderstorms are present
  • Ambient light color on clouds more realistic
  • Numerous cloud lighting improvements
  • Thunderstorms are bigger
  • Cloud "popping" as the camera turns should be greatly reduced
  • Better dawn / dusk cloud lighting transitions
  • Rare crash on MacOS when flying with low-quality overcast on should be resolved
  • Further performance enhancements.
  • Overcast conditions with "low" overcast quality improved visually
  • New sky color set additions
  • Thunderstorms are bigger
  • Certain airports won't get stuck in whiteout conditions upon loading when using X-Plane
  • Saving and restoring settings will work reliably.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 5

Guys I haven't been able to download yet as away from my PC. But I saw the request to help out by purchasing something else in the email I received but I already have it . So you know what, the way you have handled this is just so spot on, and this is such a great upgrade I am going to purchase it again regardless rather than take up the offer of a free upgrade. Cheers.

Edited by CaptCWGAllen