New SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 Screenshots (bandwidth warning!)

sundog

BTW , what about the nigh/day transitions , I remember you saying that SMP has a few minutes delay to what it should represent in XP in dawn/dusk and that makes a non smooth transition in the clouds color , is it fixed now in SMP V2?

We totally reworked this in v2 I think you will be extremely happy with the results.....
  • Upvote 2

Hi all,

Very curious and excited to test this V2 with clouds shadows, lens and high res'. A bit afraid about the performance on my config ;) 

I would like to add just one feeling. I have a second copy of X-Plane to test 10.30 betas. And, there are the default clouds. So ok, those are awful, bad resolution, and not moving but in sometimes, i stay surprised by those large, thicks clouds layers which can extend far, very far, close to the horizon (much more than SMP seems to do). Maybe am i the only one to like this. 

Mr John, my € are ready ;)

Best regards

A bit afraid about the performance on my config

Fear not; we've been careful not to impact performance, and our beta testers have reported no framerate problems even with all the new features on. Just in case - all of the new features have associated configuration settings, so you can tune and enable or disable them as you see fit.

• Upvote 3

I imagine you will holding on until 10.30 is final before committing to release?

Not necessarily; SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 works just as well with X-Plane 10.25 as it does with the latest 10.30 beta. We don't anticipate any further changes in 10.30 that would cause problems.

Here are a couple of new screenshots to tide you over :) These are from one of our testers, Emma, and shows the improved cloud lighting in SkyMaxx Pro 2 at sunset and dusk:

smp2-sunset.jpg

smp2-dusk.jpg

• Upvote 16