Japan - X-Plane 10 Hd Mesh Scenery V2 Released!

alpilotx

C-130_cover1_text.png

After a longer waiting time, I could finally complete the new addition to the HD Mesh Scenery v2 series, Japan!

Basically it shares the same improvement, which were already present in all the other HD Mesh Scenery v2 regions. The highlights in Japan are:

• updated OSM data (Japan received a very big update trough government sponsored data)
  • vastly improved landclass data (© JAXA)
  • additional tree lines

Yo can find the download links (torrents are not up for Japan, but should come online in the coming days)  - as always - on my website:

Please also make sure, to read the installation instruction (which are identical across all HD Mesh Scenery v2 tiles):

And there is also an addition tree lines (without farms - would not have worked so easily for Japan) overlay scenery, which you can get on the respective download page:

Finally, there are - of course - also some screenshots (mostly comparison between default and HD):

C-130_2_hd.png

• Upvote 9

Thank you thank you thank you! I've been waiting for this one with baited breath. I really enjoy flying around Japan, having lived there for 4 years. I am also currently working on a bunch of lego-brick airports for it as well! Downloading now.

• Upvote 1

Japan is badly underrepresented in the X-Plane world!

A shame really because the X-Plane scenery really captures the non-urban Japanese scenery very well (80% of Japan is forested mountain terrain, which is a strong point in X-Plane scenery, imho). But hopefully this will all change soon! The uniformity of Japanese airports makes for fairly quick building in WED.

Is somebody stopping you from doing so ;)

Of course not! :)  I just have no familiarity with Japan, so the improvements would be lost on me.... This stands in contrast with your North American HD mesh which ratcheted up the realism in areas I am familiar with, making it all the more valuable!

That work in Japan is sure to make some people very happy!

All in good fun!

-Greg

For an idea of the stark differences, start up at RJOC - Izumo Airport in default scenery and then with the HD mesh, the default is missing an enormous lake with a 50 km circumference!

Which is all due to the massive improvements in the OSM data (as i told above). The default Global Scenery was relying on OSM data too, but much older data ... and at that time, Japan was missing a lot of data. In the meantime, Japan received a substantial improvement trough government donated data, which has greatly improved that region (up to a point,where its almost too much data for X-Plane :D ) ...

• Upvote 1