SkyMaxx Pro issues 10.30 betas

bkeith2

I was just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the visibility of SkyMaxx under the 10.30 beta releases (I use a Mac)?  I am finding 70% of the time when I load x-plane, I get almost whiteout conditions upon loading.  If I go in, untick silverlining as an active add-on and retick, it fixes the problem.   However, I am also still getting the odd crash of silverlining even with the overcast selected at medium.

I can recreate this initial minimum visibility on x-plane on the PC so it's not your setup.   It's to be expected that there will be unpredictable behaviour during a beta when the underlying platform changes significantly, and it doesn't make much sense for third party developers to try and keep up with the changes until an actual release occurs.

Sit tight though as the guys are working hard on a new version which will work (not that the current one doesn't "work" but you know what I mean) on 10.30 and is dripping with new goodness as well.  And the current version works beautifully in 10.25 :D

I was just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the visibility of SkyMaxx under the 10.30 beta releases (I use a Mac)?  I am finding 70% of the time when I load x-plane, I get almost whiteout conditions upon loading.  If I go in, untick silverlining as an active add-on and retick, it fixes the problem.   However, I am also still getting the odd crash of silverlining even with the overcast selected at medium.

bkeith2, please check your PM's on this board - I haven't seen this happening myself, so we'll need to work a little more closely with you to make sure whatever is going on gets resolved.

From what we've found, the whiteout that appears on loading but disappears in a couple of seconds happens with or without SkyMaxx Pro installed. It seems to be a quirk of the 10.30 betas.

There does seem to be a problem in the 10.30 betas in some airports that causes the whiteout conditions to stick permanently if real weather is on. We've added code into Skymaxx Pro 2.0 (coming soon!) that seems to prevent this from happening, in case this issue persists into the final 10.30 release.