Welcome to the RealScenery discussion!

RealScenery

Thanks for visiting the RealScenery community on X-Pilot.com! We look forward to hearing from existing RealScenery customers and those interested to find out more about our scenery products.

Be sure to check out the three RealScenery forums:

Work in Progress - Be the first to see screenshots of new RealScenery packages in development only here on X-Pilot.com!

General Discussion - Have questions about RealScenery or using photo-based textures in X-Plane? Want to request an area for us to develop? Discuss with others about using photo-based scenery with X-Plane. This is the place to post your questions.

Support - Want tips to get the most out of your RealScenery? Use our Support forum to find out how to maximize the performance of your scenery. View our FAQ to find answers to the questions we receive most often.

All of our current scenery packages as well as screenshot galleries and videos, are available at www.RealScenery.com

We will post new entries often to keep you up to date on our new scenery projects and answer your questions!

• 2 months later...

I have really enjoyed your work. Looking to the future (hopefully, you plan on continuing to do more real scenery places), because of the large files sizes, I would suggest putting the name of the state first and then the particular region of the state (ex. Tennessee-Nashville versus just Nashville).  That way, if hard drive space became an issue, the particular areas of a state would be grouped together if I had to remove them temporary to load another real scenery state.  Right now, I have a very large hard drive but if you'll continue to create more real scenery and I hope to purchase them, it might eventually become an issue for me and others. 

Just a thought. 

John

PS  Looking forward to your next real scenery place

Hi John,

Good suggestion! We'll consider a naming convention for our next package. Many of our customers are now having several scenery packages loaded at the same time, so this naming convention will become important in keeping your scenery organized.

Just so you and others know, you can name the scenery folders whatever you like. So, for example, you could rename the Nashville folder to TN_Nashville. Renaming the folders will have no effect on using your RealScenery. However, you don't want to do anything to the files/folders inside the Nashville folder unless you really know what you're doing, or you can break the scenery and X-Plane will not see it.

Happy flying!

Eric