A couple of questions.

Dale H

I have been looking at images of this amazing product for some time while considering purchase. I notice in many pictures the clouds appear preternaturally homogeneously white. But then in some there is indeed what appears to be a silver lining. What's up with that?

If I buy the product and have more than one copy of x-plane can I install the product in each copy without exceeding the activation limit?

Great product! Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, bought SkyMaxx and love the product. Have a new computer and was setting up XP when I ran into some conflicts and I deleted my Preferences contents and rebuilt the folder on XP start-up to resolve my issues. When I did I had to sign in again to X-Aviation and SkyMaxx. Does this mean I have just used one of my hardware keys? If I duplicate my XP folder and delete Preferences again will I use up another? Thanks,

Generally no. Machine ID's only change with something like an OS re-install.

The machine ID is displayed in the activation dialog, make a note of it if you like.

The X-A license database is also stored in the Prefs folder (admittedly a mistake on my part, people still delete the entire contents quite frequently) and can be saved and restored too.

Ben, Thanks. I am having serious issues with a new install of XP on my new machine and I think it would be best if I either deleted my XP folder and reinstall or installed a new one. I will save the X-Aviation License Database.lua and reuse it. Good to know.  What to do with the X-Aviation folder also? Thanks,

And can I just copy and move the Silver Linings folder in my plug ins? Or maybe the best way to ask is what do I do if I do a fresh install of XP to get SkyMaxx up and going. Thanks,

Sorry, I can't comment on this. I don't know the inner workings of SilverLining and what it does with X-Plane resource files.