iGoDispatch for Saab-340A

iGoApp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, RudiJG1. Please do the following:

1) Look up the IP address of the computer where X-Plane is installed;

2) Make sure that this IP address is entered in the application in the Settings tab;

3) Make sure the Ports in the application and iGoConnect Settings are the same (AUTO=7767);

4) Go to the ACARS tab in the application and move the "Communicate Data" switch to the ON position.

Let me know what happened.

Cheers,

Igor

Glad it works!

The application does not establish automatic connection with X-Plane to avoid draining your iPad battery if not needed. The connection is established temporarily when you send your loading data to X-Plane or when you download winds aloft data from X-Plane. After the data has been sent, the connection closes again. When you switch on communicating ACARS data, the connection is established until you switch it off or close X-Plane.

You are right. I need to emphasize it in the Manual. Thank you for purchasing the application! Hope you will enjoy it.

Cheers,

Igor

Edited by iGoApp

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased this app, and after a great struggle I found post #54 above.  I wasn't able to connect because I didn't have the 'communicate data' slider enabled.  I would recommend that this is emphasized in the manual, and maybe even on the settings page of the app.

Looks great however, I can't wait to put the app through its paces.

Thanks!

BluesmanEP. First of all, thank you very much for purchasing the app. Hope you will find it worthwhile.

I intended to post the following message next week, but since you asked, I will do it now.

Please note that I will be away from May 6 to May 18, and no technical support will be provided during this time. Upon my return, an update will be released that will include the following:

• Fixing a bug when the application would close after it was in the background for a long time without returning to the previous state.
  • Optimization of code for the textfield input validation.
  • Modifying the UIPickerView interface. Adding "Select" as the first row.
  • Adding notification about the iGoConnect plugin in the Splash screen (see the attachment).
  • Adding an option to enter fuel using textfields.
  • Adding a warning before deleting the previous flight information.
  • Fixing a bug when fuel was erroneously calculated when the air distance exceeded the maximum range.
  • Required fuel is now also calculated from the Airports panel. It is not required to go to the Distance panel to have fuel calculated.
  • Fixing a bug when removing an airport from a textfield would not change distance and fuel calculation until going to the Distance tab.
  • Fixing a bug when changing the Flight Level would not re-calculate fuel until going to Load Fuel tab.
  • Some modifications to UI.
The update is ready, but I am reluctant to releasing it until I am back in case some code is broken, as there have been a lot of changes in the application code. I will also try to update the manual as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback!

post-8275-0-07253100-1430090972_thumb.pn

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The iGoDispatch application version 2 will be released in early fall. Now, it will also be compatible with iPhone. I have added public announcements in several languages. Still a few bugs, but they should be fixed soon.

If you already got this application, have an iPhone and would like to test the new version, please PA me your Apple-associated email.

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/5Jkgd6Y-1Kg

Edited by iGoApp

• 4 weeks later...

iGoDispatch v2 has just been released. The changes include:

• Added compatibility with iPhone
  • Added inflight public announcements in several languages
  • Updated airport database
  • Added an option to switch between tabs by swiping the screen (convenient when you use iPhone)
  • Bug fixes

To read the application manuals, visit the site:

You need to download and install iGoConnect plugin version 1.4.6:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/707-igoconnect/

The older versions of the plugin will not work with the upgrade.

Enjoy!

Edited by iGoApp
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new update has been submitted to Apple and will be released within a few days. Changes include:

• Fixed Speech Rate in iOS9. Apple has changed the way it handles the speech rate (speed) in a new iOS. What sounds normal in iOS8 is very slow in iOS9. The rate varies now based on the iOS version.
  • Added German, Portuguese and Swedish to the languages of Public Announcements.
  • Fixed truncated labels.
  • Fixed flight time announcement. The "flight attendant" now announces time from Departure to Destination (as it should be) not including time to Alternate.
Regards.

• 4 months later...

In a few days, the iGoDispatch application will be updated to version 2.3. The application will now use the Aerosoft navdata instead of the default one coming with X-Plane. The navdata will be included in the iGoConnect plugin. Therefore, it will also be required to update the plugin for the application to work properly (the updated iGoConnect plugin will be available at the same time).

The Aerosoft's NavDataPro app is to be updated soon. When using NavDataPro, select "iGoDispatch (X-Plane)" from the list of add-ons and select the folder where the iGoConnect plugin is located (/X-Plane folder/Resources/plugins/iGoConnect/). 

The application should also be compatible with the following Navigraph dataset: "X-Plane GNS430, 777 Worldliner (Ext/Prof), Flightfactor B757 Professional...". You can manually install the dataset by copying and pasting the folder "navdata" to the iGoConnect folder.

Planning a flight with the application now requires connection with X-Plane (i.e. X-Plane must be running on your computer). This is the only disadvantage related to the update. But this is a tradeoff that had to be made to ensure that the most recent navdata is always used.

The next major update will be coming this summer. The flight performance analysis will be completely redone.

Enjoy the flight!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've run into an issue with the iGoDispatch apps (Saab and CRJ) on my iPad. I just updated them to the latest versions and now I am unable to input anything in the flight plan section. For example, if I type in "KPDX" into the "Departure" field and press the "+" button, in gives me a loading wheel and remains in this loading phase indefinitely. I can get it to connect to X-Plane under the ACARS tab, and it will show my location, but I can't manage to actually use the apps as the first section won't work. I also tried the load section, and I couldn't load cargo in the Saab for the cargo variant. This may also be an issue. I'm running iOS 9.2.1 (the latest version). Everything worked prior to updating the iGoDispatch apps. I appreciate all your work and I'm happy to provide more information on this issue as necessary.

Thank you,
Clayton

8 hours ago, iGoApp said:

Hi, Clayton. Which version of the iGoConnect plugin do you have? Have you updated to the latest version (2.1.8)? 

Cheers.

Just installed it and it all works. Sorry about the confusion, and thanks for the help.
Looks like I was suffering from the ID10T error. hahaha

Thanks,
Clayton

Edited by Iridium
Corrected issue

Clayton. I am glad it worked!

As I have previously indicated, there will be a major update coming later this year that would require updating both the application and the plugin. I will try to make sure that a proper warning message alerts you if the plugin has not been updated yet. For this one, I had an option to cancel calling the server (plugin) after a certain amount of time, say 30 seconds. I decided not to do it in case some people have slow connection. Cancelling communication after, say, 2 minutes would also defeat its purpose: who would want to wait that long? So, I took a risk of keeping things as they are now. In fact, the transition went smoother than I originally thought.

Cheers!

Edited by iGoApp
  • Upvote 1

I would love to be able to do the planning "offline" if it's possible. We only have an ipad at home and I can't always have it when preparing my flight. Anyway it's not a big problem to me, I'm very satisfied with the app overall, but it would be nice if you consider it. Really looking forward to the update!!

Cheers

Edited by liser

Guys, I agree with you. Planning offline would be ideal. There were just a number of requests asking to provide with an ability to use up-to-date navdata from Navigraph or Aerosoft. Besides, such navdata is required for the next iGoDispatch application (not Saab or CRJ) that will take advantage of its SID, STAR and Airways information. Linking the application to the navdata through the plugin appears to be the only viable option at this moment. One thing I may consider doing later is linking to the default XPlane navdata if there is no connection with XP. I can incorporate the default database right into the application (which I am not allowed to do for the Aerosoft or Navigraph datasets). In this case, the user has an option of doing planning offline and using an outdated dataset or online and using an updated one. 

Thank you all for using the application!

Edited by iGoApp
  • Upvote 1