iGoDispatch for Saab-340A

iGoApp

Hello!

First of all, I would like to thank all of those who purchased the application. Your support is much appreciated.

Just wanted to inform you that there will be an upgrade in January (and not the last one!).

1) Navigation database will be updated to the latest X-Plane's default one. If there is a newer navdata available by then, it will be included.

2) The view of the navaid selection table and the flight plan table will be made more user friendly.

3) There will be an option to view airport or navaid information on the map by clicking on the annotation icon.

4) Last but not least. You will now be able to download the wind aloft data directly from X-Plane. If your Flight Level is between X-Plane's wind altitude levels, wind direction and wind speed will be extrapolated to your FL.

Hopefully, more to come next year!

Cheers.

post-8275-0-41390600-1418957890_thumb.pn

post-8275-0-28966400-1418957911_thumb.pn

post-8275-0-29601600-1418957924_thumb.pn

post-8275-0-39459600-1418957935_thumb.pn

• 2 weeks later...

Happy holidays, everybody.

Just wanted to share with you the ultimate objective of the application that I originally intended to implement. I had not thought that I would be able to include it in version 1.1 but I just did the first test and the results looked promising. Therefore, I decided to share with you another feature that I will add to the next version. The application will assess your flight performance against 20 categories and will give you a score. I just did a test flight violating almost every possible rule. The application generated the following report.

Although, there are still a few bugs (and typos), I hope to fix them by the end of January. I hope the application will be worth every penny now.

Cheers!

post-8275-0-04467200-1419899642_thumb.pn

post-8275-0-86357900-1419899654_thumb.pn

Edited by iGoApp
  • Upvote 1

That's a neat idea! Now we'll all know how awful we really are ;) Jokes aside, looking forward to seeing this, especially since I feel I'll be flying the Saab a lot more once it gets the GNS530 in the next update...

By the way, would you consider getting in contact with Navigraph/Aerosoft to see if you can make this app be able to use the latest nav data from then on release? Airtrack by Haversine has this ability too and its very helpful when you have a subscription.

Edited by jiggyb2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, jiggyb2.

I have considered both Navigraph and Aerosoft. Aerosoft told me that they do not currently provide an option to use their navdata on mobile devices -- they have not figured out how to get people update the database. Navigraph does have this option. But they demand that the application developer makes sure that the navdata gets expired after 3 months and the user has to update it. This requires establishing user accounts on the developer's server.

After some thinking, I decided not to enforce people to create another user account in my application. I hope that the default X-Plane navdata will be sufficient at least for the time being. 

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

If people feel uncomfortable disabling Firewall completely, you may open the port for the TCP connection the following way:

For Windows 7:

1. Go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall
  2. Click on "Advanced Settings" in the left-hand pane.
  3. Click on "Inbound Rules" and then "New rule".
  4. Select "Port", click next, select "TCP", and enter "7767" as the local port.
  5. Click next, and allow the connection.
  6. Click next again, and ensure that "Domain", "Private" and "Public" are all ticked.
  7. Name your firewall rule, e.g. "iGoConnect", and then save it.

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Just got this App and am very pleased with it. I was wondering with the onset of the GNS530 in the next update, are there any plans to import and export fms plans into the App?  I am not sure this is even possible of course.

Anyway, thank you very much for an excellent add-on to the Saab

All the best

Upkeep

• Upvote 1

deetee. Thank you for your interest. You cannot import a flightplan, at least for now. Out of curiosity, where would you like to import it from? X-Plane Garmin or something else?

Yes you can use Vors, Vortacs, NDBs, Fixes - all navaids included in the default X-Plane database.

Cheers.

Hello. First of all, thanks a lot to everyone who purchased the application. The update will be released in the next day or two. 

IMPORTANT: Please make sure that once you install the update, you download and install the last version of the iGoConnect plugin (currently version 1.3.1). The application update will not work correctly with the previous version.

Hope you will enjoy it. Please let me know what you think of the flight performance reporting and/or if you come across any bugs. Also, if you have a minute to rate the application in the Appstore, it will be extremely valuable.

Have a safe flight!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lord_helmet. I will try to help you.

Which system do you have?

Do you see the application in the X-Plane menu?

Can you connect if you disable the firewall completely?

Cheers,

Hello, thanks for the swift reply!

Completely turning off the firewall doesn't help. Regarding seeing the app in the X-plane menu I suppose you mean in the plugin-menu? If so, yes I can see it there. 

My system is a 3770k with 16 gb ram and a GTX780.