iGoDispatch for Saab-340A

iGoApp

• 1 year later...

A new version will be available in AppStore shortly. In addition to a number of bug and UI fixes, the update includes the following improvements:

- Calculation of weights and CG has been adjusted based on DOW of 17,215 lbs, which, as far as I understand, is the correct weight to be updated in the next version of the plane.

- iOS and iPadOS now have a new type of map -- Satellite Flyover. I thought it looked nice and I added it to the application.

- Most important update is that you do not have to add individual waypoints of your flightplan anymore. You can now copy and paste the flightplan into a textbox, and it will be uploaded from X-Plane. You still need to run X-Plane as a server. SIDs and STARs will not be uploaded, you may add them afterwards.

Some more good news: development of this application for Android phones is about two thirds over. No ETA yet, and there is still a lot of work to do. I hope, it will be released in summer.

Cheers.

IMG_0033.png

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, iGoApp said:

try the attached win.xpl file for the iGoConnect plugin (64-bit version). 

I guess this answers my above question then... I guess there is nothing more to DL other than this file and overwrite?

I haven't used this plugin in over a year. Should I DL again, then over write the above file? Do you have a link to the DL? 

Dave. 

@Chase911

Do you have iGoConnect already installed? If no, please download and install it and then replace the above file as per instructions. If yes, is this version 2.40? If no, download and install the latest version and then replace the above file. If yes, just replace the file.

I will be preparing the full plug-in package over the weekend.

Cheers. 

Edited by iGoApp

Downloaded the plugin above and, it does not work on my ipad, i get the following error when trying too click on the plus sign next departure airport.

"No connection with server"

"Error connecting with X-Plane. Error 61: The operation couldn't be completed. Connection refused."

Am on the same network as the PC is on, i now i got internet on the ipad, since i can browse the web on it with no connection issues.

EDIT: the current version of the plugin i got is attached below.

EDIT 2: turns out the IP address was wrong, works now!

Edited by Crazychris
  • Like 1

Updated version of the iGoConnect plugin can be downloaded here:

IMPORTANT: 

If you have MacOS Catalina (10.15) or higher, it is possible that after downloading and installing the plugin, you will not find it in the X-Plane's menu. This error is caused by the MacOS security protocols during the X-Plane start-up process that references a Mac.xpl file. If you do not see iGoConnect in the menu of the simulator, the following link explains how to solve the problem:

https://x-plane.helpscoutdocs.com/article/26-mac-xpl-not-starting.

• 4 weeks later...

An update has just been released. Should be in AppStore shortly. In addition to fixing downloading NOAA winds aloft data, the update includes changing the way the drop-down menus work when selecting runways, SIDs, and STARs, as well as a better representation of Arc to a Fix and Radius to a Fix procedures on the map. Also, if you are connected to X-Plane on the ACARS panel, tapping the plane icon will show estimated V or reference speed for the current weight.

Edited by iGoApp

3 hours ago, iGoApp said:

An update has just been released. Should be in AppStore shortly. In addition to fixing downloading NOAA winds aloft data, the update includes changing the way the drop-down menus work when selecting runways, SIDs, and STARs, as well as a better representation of Arc to a Fix and Radius to a Fix procedures on the map. Also, if you are connected to X-Plane on the ACARS panel, tapping the plane icon will show estimated V or reference speed for the current weight.

Sweet. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

There has been some discussion around with respect to pitch trim settings, and I thought it might be a good idea to include it in the map pop-up annotation window when you click on the plane icon. While doing this, I have also found a bug that resulted in incorrect pitch trim calculations. Both things have been addressed in the update that has just been released.

saab.png

4 hours ago, iGoApp said:

There has been some discussion around with respect to pitch trim settings, and I thought it might be a good idea to include it in the map pop-up annotation window when you click on the plane icon. While doing this, I have also found a bug that resulted in incorrect pitch trim calculations. Both things have been addressed in the update that has just been released.

saab.png

Thanks mate. Good App. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the performance report I only get "Ramp Weight - Normal" everything else during the flight reports "Not Available" Is there something I am doing wrong?

Edit - just noticed I am using igoconnect 2.41.3 not .5 - I will update to see if that fixes the issue (also using the new version of the Saab - so I am certain this is it…)

Edited by jgniewkowski
new info

Beta-testing for Android devices (Android 8.0 and higher) should be available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.igoapp.igodispatchsaab340android

Although the application should work on Android tablets, UI is not optimized for large screens. This will be dealt with later this year. The manual is being written. Meanwhile, you may use the one for iPhone -- interface is very similar. Manual can be downloaded here:

http://igoapp.ca/resources/Files/igodispatch_saab340_manual_phone_v3.0.1.pdf

Let me know if you find any issues, bugs, etc.

Edited by iGoApp

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

The Android app has been updated to version 1.2. It should be available in Google Play for public testing. This includes several bug fixes, better compatibility with newer version of Android, and updates to libraries. Some issues had to be addressed urgently, so I had no time to work on the interface optimization for tablets. Will be done in the future. Send me an email if you notice any problems.