Danish GIS data Dev.

The Danish goverments have release GIS data for the hole Kingdom of Denmark for Free ( but not for commercial use).
and can be downloaded from :

http://download.kortforsyningen.dk/

(In danish.. you can use google translate...)
data accuracy to 0.5meter.

im works with GIS and i have the data.

Are there anyone who want to help me convert that data to xplane 10 ? ;-)

My goal is to make a more accurate landscape...
atm. Denmark is a little to flat in xp9/10 default.

Contact me. grillbiller@me.com

or. skype grillbiller

Edited by grillbiller

The Danish goverments have release GIS data for the hole Kingdom of Denmark for Free ( but not for commercial use).

and can be downloaded from : (In danish.. you can use google translate...)

data accuracy to 0.5meter.

im works with GIS and i have the data.

Are there anyone who want to help me convert that data to xplane 10 ? ;-)

My goal is to make a more accurate landscape...

atm. Denmark is a little to flat in xp9/10 default.

Contact me. grillbiller@me.com

or. skype grillbiller

Your link is missing?  What type of GIS data is it?

Do you know my project "HD Mesh Scenery v2"? Did you try that, to see if it gets a little bit less "flat" (but really, when I compare it for example with the Alps ... then Denmark is ... well ... relatively flat :) )?

What exactly would you expect to improve with the download.kortforsyningen.dk  data (because not everything makes sense or works the way one might expect in X-Plane .... )?

• Upvote 1

Is there an effort to get this data into OpenStreetMap, if the license allows it?

Edit: It seems it also includes buildings, so this is a great candidate for World2XPlane scenery. Can someone who understands Danish have a scan through the site and see if the license permits its usage as an OSM data source, and I'll write up a script to convert the buildings to OSM data and start an import project on OSM? http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources

Edited by tonywob

The question is, if this data brings really that much for Denmark? If I look at the OSM data today ( like for example: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/55.5173/9.5000 ), then it looks quite dense already (with buildings etc.) .... So, I think, building an import script there wouldn't be too easy, as it needs to respect existing data (we don't want even more duplicates / triples in OSM ... there is already enough junk like that :lol: in there). And maybe importing that data wouldn't bring that much improvement either ... but of course, this would need some more in-depth analysis (there are just some quick observations from me).

Thanks Andras. It's like everywhere in OSM, the cities are quite well done, but outside the cities, it's bare and empty, e.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/55.6522/9.4149. In terms of World2XPlane, the smaller towns and villages are where its strengths lie, and also are used as VFR reference points, so without this, it looks pretty weak outside of the cities.

I think a direct/blind import into OSM is frowned upon for obvious reasons. Somebody did this in Poland with forests, so now lots of forests are doubled up and it's a mess. Some people have been doing it with the OS OpenData in the UK, and it looks bad left unchecked. It would require parts of it to be imported, checked by volunteers, etc.. So many import projects have stalled because people don't have time to do this now, so even with an import script (which is the easy bit), it would require lots of hours to get this data in. In the early days of OSM when the Netherlands and France had such an import, is was fairly easy as the map was still quite empty.

Edit: What is this game minecraft. I hear people talk about it and it's very popular, but it looks like a game from the early 90's or something :-).

Edited by tonywob