-REXPlane SP1 Now Available-

timest

Hi Folks,

The REXPlane SP1 is now available here: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=8757

It fixes and enhances a few of the key areas of discussion from our users.

Hope you enjoy!

Tim

Hi Tim, as I see you add the feature of an automatic weather update every 30min - this is cool indeed. Do I have to enable this feature somewhere or does it just happens if the REX app stays open in the background?

Cheers Tom

I discovered to things which shozld be changed.

1st - REX does not load the new metar in the bsckground - everytime when loading it popups in fornt of xplane - it better should stay in the background - not blocking the view - you never know...

2nd - after shutting down REX it stays active! I have to shut it with "process ending" in task manager (WIN7 64BIT)

cheers Tom

Hi, Tom,

I discovered to things which shozld be changed.

1st - REX does not load the new metar in the bsckground - everytime when loading it popups in fornt of xplane - it better should stay in the background - not blocking the view - you never know...

I have taken note of this too, and I'm sure the REX guys will look into it.

2nd - after shutting down REX it stays active! I have to shut it with "process ending" in task manager (WIN7 64BIT)

I am running the same operating system as you, and anytime I quit REX, it quits completely. Looking at the task manager, I see nothing about REX running at all.

I have taken note of this too, and I'm sure the REX guys will look into it.

...ok...

I am running the same operating system as you, and anytime I quite REX, it quits completely. Looking at the task manager, I see nothing about REX running at all.

....what shall I say - it is like this - maybe it is cause I do not have REX installed on my system partition, it is running from my xplane disk. but normally it should not matter...

cheers tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Timest, do you think it would possible that you make a patch that REX stays in the backround when laoding next weather data during flight - it is quite annoying if the REX screen occurs while operting the plane in a critical flight phase.

Cheers Tom

• 1 year later...

Hi!

After installing SP1, REX refuses to save X-Plane location. When I select X-Plane folder (d:\x-plane) it says

"Please set the location of your X-Plane folder in the Configuration section."

My REX is installed at "d:\rex"

Tried to install SP2 with no luck, it says that REX isn't installed on my system. Any ideas?

Thanks.

edit: tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole REX, but same errors occours. Anyway, it's W7. Tried to install as administrator and user too.

Edited by ksgy

Hi, there,

Can't say I can replicate this but will try and get more info on the situation for you.

Thanks.

Maybe it would be enough if I can set manually the path in the config file (rexxplane.exe.config) - if that's that :)

Mine contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
</configSections>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="rexxplane.Properties.Settings.rexxplanedbConnectionString"
connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\rexxplanedb.mdb"
providerName="System.Data.OleDb" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

Also found log files in log dir. Attached. Maybe that helps too :)

error_log_20110822194449.txt

error_log_20110822194450.txt

error_log_20110822194458.txt

error_log_20110822194459.txt

Edited by ksgy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's what it says on the REX forums about installing the Service Pack 2

The Service Pack 2 update for REXPlane is now available.

To install service pack 2 you must place the exe file into the main folder where you installed REX. Make sure REX is not running when you run the patch. For Windows Vista and W7 users, please be sure to right-click the installer and select "Run as Administrator".

Hope this helps!

Service Pack 3 you just extract to desktop and run.

Edited by Xflyboy