More SkyMAXX V2

JohnMAXX

Now that we have the SDK setup for more detailed clouds I am working on texturing.......This isn't as simple as pasting high resolution cloud images, and I am finally starting to get the desired effect.....

OK here are a couple of comparisons so you can see the differences in V1 and V2...

BPcvbAW.jpg

yp9902e.jpg

And some shots around town I would like to share....

YF3vifZ.jpg

ejluBeT.jpg

V1TQiAH.jpg

piUDdXi.jpg

• Upvote 9

I like it!

But just don't make the clouds too sharp.  Then they start looking artificial again.

Hey no worries........this is the best of both worlds......SilverLining and its volumetric clouds with some of the finer details integrated for more realism........

Clouds like this have never been implemented into any simulator......People who own V1 already know what I am talking about ;) 

• Upvote 3

Hi John

Thanx you very much for Skymaxx. I have used it with great pleasure for some months, and can't wait to try this new one ;)

The most exciting for me is to see that this non stoping project, with many updates, trying to be better at each version.

Ok, there's some minor improvements to add (already said inside others topics, no need to repeat them here), but i have full confidence in your job and the way you seem to go.

Friendly,

Fab

The new HD look looks great! Just as long as we don't start to see repetition in the textures. I have the "newest texture add-on" for FSX and about twice already I've seen 2 of the same clouds next to each other. Fantastic work John!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I admit I've had a bit of bourbon tonight, but I'm still going to pose the question. If cloud shadows work without SkyMAXX, but with SkyMAXX installed they don't work, how is it that it is not within your control? If Laminar can create cloud shadows why can't you? I'm truly curious. Not trying to argue or offend, but truly curious. I've read through a bunch of the other SkyMAXX threads, but it is still unclear as to why SkyMAXX does not, or cannot, produce cloud shadows.

Very simply ointment in order to have cloud shadows we will need to be able to draw the clouds twice, once in the sky and once on the ground in the form of shadows.  We do not have any access in the SDK to do this. 

We are not pulling the wool over your eyes, trust me Id love to implement them into SkyMAXX, all I can say is hope for something in the future and enjoy SMP as it stands.....

Edited by JohnMAXX

Very simply ointment in order to have cloud shadows we will need to be able to draw the clouds twice, once in the sky and once on the ground in the form of shadows.  We do not have any access in the SDK to do this. 

We are not pulling the wool over your eyes, trust me Id love to implement them into SkyMAXX, all I can say is hope for something in the future and enjoy SMP as it stands.....

this sdk is provided by LM or sundog?