Your 3 wishes for X-plane

Tom Knudsen

On the altitude blurries:

Remember - you still need a system with the horsepower/capacity to support the change. You'll need plenty of memory to support the additional data being loaded, and plenty of power to make sure it plays nice with everything else. It looks like this change might actually challenge the average 64-bit system's physical memory capacities. I'm happy to see it's being addressed, but the distant visibility blur was a conscious limitation put in place by Laminar, not a bug.

My three wishes:

>Proper seasons.

>More art assets - FAR more art assets. (autogen for better cities and for lego brick expansions for airports)

>A bigger budget at Laminar for more full-time developers. (grin)

So my english is not my primary language and I continue to evolve in its learning.

But why do I think "realise" is spelled "realize" What is the difference and why am I wrong/right here?

Both spellings are valid. North Americans typically use the form with 'z' while other countries use 's'.

• Upvote 1

So my english is not my primary language and I continue to evolve in its learning.

But why do I think "realise" is spelled "realize" What is the difference and why am I wrong/right here?

Both spelling variations of that word are valid and correct depending on where you were educated.

Z is American English.

S is British English.

My spelling is a mixture of the two after half a life time spent programming which is a field dominated by American English.

Spelling is less important than information layout.

Something like this:

"Seasons Export plugin for 3ds max Tesselation"  is very nearly a valid sentence and a valid feature request.

If we leave out just one word, "Tesselation", then the request makes almost perfect sense.

"Seasons Export plugin for 3ds max"

There are many different levels of technical ability to be found on the forums.

I would not be at all surprised to find someone genuinely asking for a "Seasons Export plugin for 3ds max Tesselation" .... fully expecting some kind of magical wonderland plugin that can create all sorts of godly scenery automatically.

I have seen far too many of these wish list threads. 99% of them are NEVER read by Laminar. Ever.

You do have third party attention though, and you NEED to make your wants clear and easy to asses or we will also ignore them. Remember, this is the 50th time I've seen one of these threads.

If you had simply pressed enter a couple of times when typing your original post it would've been much, much clearer.

Seasons

Export plugin for 3ds max

Tesselation

No need for correct grammar or spelling.... Your intent is obvious.

It would be much easier for me to just ignore these kind of posts. Leaving them to rot in obscurity.

I'd much rather help us both discover what you actually meant.

Creating products takes a huge amount of effort.

If you want people to invest in creating what you want you need to start by investing in a clear description of what you want.

I don't care AT ALL for fluff and niceties around communications. I want the facts. Save the flowery language for your partners.

Spelling is not that important. Basic information layout IS. If that's achieved through use of technically correct grammar that's great. If you're unsure use some other method to make it readable. A whole pile of tangled words is pretty much useless and easily ignored.

So my three wishes:

1. Every user posting an error posts their Log files EVERY TIME without fail.

2. Every user requesting a feature or improvement takes the time to do their research and present their case. Help us help you.

3. Every user posts screenshots or video of a graphical glitch instead of attempting to describe it with words. What makes sense to you probably makes no sense to us.

And I'll close with a picture.

what-the-customer-wanted.jpg

Thank you all for your contributions. We're all learning every day. If you think I'm rude perhaps you should turn on the TV and reflect on the political world for a moment.

• Upvote 1

Ben is a sarcastic SOB,  he reminds me of my Drill Sergeants during basic training back in 97.... :lol:

With that said it is safe to say, if you have the ability to read between the lines,  Ben is focused on extending X-Plane.....Good for all of us.....

I get it, we deal with similar issues.  I know many of you guys don't understand the intricacies of programming.... It is an information heavy practice that requires as much input from the user as possible.  

When making requests or support inquires it helps us out tremendously when you provide as much info as possible, logs, pics, detailed explanations and system specs.   Or even in the case of Ben explanations of FSX related products....

Just keep in mind the more info we have the better we can serve the community, no matter how sarcastic some of us can get....

• Upvote 1

1. Removal of the distance bar.

2. Addition of a fully functional situation UI on start. Plane, livery, weather detail, airport, gate, etc.

3. Partnership resource to work nonstop on strategic partnerships as Microsoft did. First up should be finding a real map partner and a satellite image partner to allow full photo scenery flying all over the earth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 and 2 and 3 : a plugin to get real weather, different layers for wind & turbulence.

some mentioned above the existing addon for FSX : opus.

Any update for the x-plane version of the FS global real weather ??

some would mention the  existing Joan Noaa plugin but unfortunately it is not working on mavericks and is gnown to cause some trouble.

online multiplayer does not count! :D

We've been waiting 2.5 years for *working* atc ( if you remember if was one of the much anticipated features of xp10 ) :rolleyes:

At this stage I would be happy to get back the good 'old xp9 atc if it was possible.

Edited by luckyluca

• 4 weeks later...

Some development in X-Plane of any description by laminar. At the current rate version 11 is going to be something to enjoy sometime next decade.

Or Laminar are working hard of 10.30...as per the X-Plane Developer Blog...

1. Better weather engine (realistic wind, less thunder and lightning, leed turbulence, now too exxagarated)

2. Better atc.

3. Better framerates

4. Full map, instead of one part

5. Intiutive manipulators

6. Environmental sounds

7. Better groundhandling of planes (planes react top string on crosswind)