asheft

Hi everyone,

There is a problem that I have been having recently with the Cessna Corvalis. For whatever reason, both the moving map and the inset map on the PFD have not been showing the aircraft icon. This isn't a very big issue, as I can usually figure out where I am from looking outside and looking on the map but without the icon, but it can be annoying at times. Everything else seems to be working fine, and I have not to my knowledge modified the Corvalis folder in any way. Thank you to anyone who has any suggestions. Three other questions: Is the crosstie switch functional? Also, when the backup fuel pump switch is switched on, is it arming, or is it actually turning on when the switch is flipped on? Finally, how does one determine which fuel tank the fuel selector is set to? One comment about the fuel selector, it seems like it is impossible to switch in 3d cockpit mode, as it always goes to the off position instead of turning in the commanded direction, so I have to go into 2d mode in order to switch fuel tanks. My apologies for all of the questions; I am not very familiar with the real Cessna Corvalis.

Edited by asheft

There is a problem that I have been having recently with the Cessna Corvalis. For whatever reason, both the moving map and the inset map on the PFD have not been showing the aircraft icon. This isn't a very big issue, as I can usually figure out where I am from looking outside and looking on the map but without the icon, but it can be annoying at times. Everything else seems to be working fine, and I have not to my knowledge modified the Corvalis folder in any way. Thank you to anyone who has any suggestions.

Does this happen EVERY TIME you use the Corvalis?

Is the crosstie switch functional?

Yes.

Also, when the backup fuel pump switch is switched on, is it arming, or is it actually turning on when the switch is flipped on?

It turns the fuel pump on.

Finally, how does one determine which fuel tank the fuel selector is set to?

There will be a small blue "dot" next to the fuel tank pointer (on the gauge) of the fuel tank that is in use.

One comment about the fuel selector, it seems like it is impossible to switch in 3d cockpit mode, as it always goes to the off position instead of turning in the commanded direction, so I have to go into 2d mode in order to switch fuel tanks.

I agree it is a little sensitive.  However, if you are careful you should have no problem selecting a tank.  Drag the manipulator SLOWLY.

Edited by JGregory

Lately, it has been happening every time, for the last 3 or 4 flights. And as I write this I find that it is back on there now. Odd... Is there a way to arm the backup fuel pump, or only to turn it on? Thank you for the info about the fuel selector. One more question: I notice that when the rudder is turned, the nosewheel also turns. I thought that the nosewheel on the Cessna Corvalis was free castoring-is there a way to make it so that it doesn't turn when the rudder is turned?

Odd... Is there a way to arm the backup fuel pump, or only to turn it on?
No.  Why would you want to "arm" the fuel pump?

One more question: I notice that when the rudder is turned, the nosewheel also turns. I thought that the nosewheel on the Cessna Corvalis was free castoring-is there a way to make it so that it doesn't turn when the rudder is turned?
Correct, the Corvalis has a castoring nose wheel.  However, ground handling is a PITA with nosewheel castoring so I took it out.

No.  Why would you want to "arm" the fuel pump?

Some checklists that I have seen say to arm the backup fuel pump before takeoff so that if the engine quits or fuel stops going to the engine the backup fuel pump will come on and provide fuel. If you look in the POH that is provided with the installation, the checklist says to arm the backup fuel pump before takeoff and during climb. Maybe they just mean turn on the backup fuel pump.