Red dotted line of lights around outline of Distant Scenery & windows

Hopkinsstevea

Thanks for posting, I myself have never seen this what aircraft are you using?  

Plus can you try disabling SkyMAXX to see if the problem is still there?

Goto Plugins/Plugin Admin/Enable-Disable ......and un-check SkyMAXX....

Also can you give me some information on your system...OS GPU driver.....

Thanks for taking the time to help us pin down the issue.....

• 2 months later...

Hi,

the problem seems to affect only non default x-plane airplanes at or near ground level  (~500 ft) since Nvidia driver 334.89 WHQL upwards .

Staying with an outdated driver is no solution.

Cirrus TheJet

c4_1.jpg

Carenado B58

Car_B58_Baron_v10_1.jpg

Both with NVidia 337.50 beta

Edited by Zebulon

Hi,

the problem seems to affect only non default x-plane airplanes at or near ground level  (~500 ft) since Nvidia driver 334.89 WHQL upwards .

Staying with an outdated driver is no solution.

I suggest you bring up the problem with Laminar Research, it isn't an issue with SkyMAXX......

Also performance probably isn't an issue if you roll back the driver, although I will be honest I haven't tried myself......

Im about 99% sure it isn't, I spent time with another user awhile back.  But let me explore the problem again to see.....

Images are nice, but over and over and over again you are not giving me much information to go on here. Try this approach when posting a support question,   ASK THE DUCK

Sorry, my bad. ;)

So here is some more information:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3 GB (337.50 beta)

X-Plane 10.25 (HD Mesh v2)

SkyMAXX Pro 1.3.2

Windows 8.1 (latest updates)

8 GB RAM, Intel CPU i5-2500K.

I hope, this information is sufficient enough. If something is missing, please feel free to ask. :)

Ill look at it tonight for ya.... ;)

Thank you in advance.

Since all 3rd party airplanes use the SASL-plugin, is there a chance, that this issue is plugin related?

@SqrtOfNegOne

There are no red lines or something similar with SkyMAXX disabled, even with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Edited by Zebulon

There are no red lines or something similar with SkyMAXX disabled, even with the latest Nvidia drivers.

The conditions for which it presents itself can be rather peculiar. There's really nothing to say here, however. SkyMaxx Pro has not changed for some time, and this issue came about AFTER driver updates, which NVidia and Laminar have both confirmed and are working to fix. You have your answer, so now it's just a waiting game of new drivers OR you can roll your drivers back to the known working version. :)

Frustrating, I know. But, it's not something to do with SMP as much as you're inclined to think otherwise.

Hope this helps! :)