Can't re-install X-Plane 10

medic3500

Some helpful advice needed. I downloaded and installed several addons to X-plane 10. One of them crashed the program and I could figure out which one so I decided to delete the entire program and re-install. This is where the problems arises. Everything deletes except for the extra aircraft folder which say I don't have permission to perform this action. I have changed the security in Windows to allow full control and access without success. 

I tried to re-install hoping it would overwrite the files which it won't as it tries to install a second copy which also crashes at boot.

Any suggestions?

Dan

Some helpful advice needed. I downloaded and installed several addons to X-plane 10. One of them crashed the program and I could figure out which one so I decided to delete the entire program and re-install. This is where the problems arises. Everything deletes except for the extra aircraft folder which say I don't have permission to perform this action. I have changed the security in Windows to allow full control and access without success. 

I tried to re-install hoping it would overwrite the files which it won't as it tries to install a second copy which also crashes at boot.

Any suggestions?

Dan

Have you tried contacting the X-plane team?

Was holding off on contacting them thinking it is more of an operator issue and not a problem with X-Plane. Hoping someone had seen or had a similar problem.

Thanks

hmm... I hope one of the x-pilot guys here can help you.. I can't

Sorry   :( 

Edited by TheSlasher

Thanks for replies, OS is WIN7 pro, 8GB RAM, Radon HD VCard. No didn't purchase any products from Ramzzess. It was out of frustration in trying to delete whole program, never even considered rollback which probably would have done the trick in hindsight.

We have all been there at one time, patience is not easy when you want it back so quick.  Take your time and search out  results like you find here.