SilverLining Crashing My Flights

cruster

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that I am not alone!

Using X-Plane 10.25, 64 bit on my iMac 27 (memory 16giga)

Flying the 777 Worldliner Professional (phillip) v. 1.6

Crash report button line : SkyMaxx Pro is the killer

So did you actually take the advice given in previous replies?

Guess I'll give an update.

Haven't experienced a CTD in about 10 days since using the overcast quality to "MED" setting.  Seems to be working fine.

Also, I fly mostly on VATSIM with 64 bit XSB and still no issues.

Thanks for the great clouds and sky.

Nano

So did you actually take the advice given in previous replies?

Let me please tell you something as a customer. I don't think that if a crash problem is known over months (!) and it hits my X-Plane right now I have  to begin a research to get a (temporarily) solution. Good customer service will send a mail to all registered SMP user telling them in one sentence to run overcast layer at medium until an update will solve the crash problem.....

(by the way this was the only advice I understood during reading sometimes about interrelations that seems for me to be like Chinese) 

Let me please tell you something as a customer. I don't think that if a crash problem is known over months (!) and it hits my X-Plane right now I have  to begin a research to get a (temporarily) solution. Good customer service will send a mail to all registered SMP user telling them in one sentence to run overcast layer at medium until an update will solve the crash problem.....

(by the way this was the only advice I understood during reading sometimes about interrelations that seems for me to be like Chinese) 

I don't agree with your view on customer service,  we deal with the issue via email and here on the forums.  Not everyone is having the same problem and we are working towards a solution....  A blanket email will just get lost over time,  here on the forums, if you take the time to read,  the answer is all over.....

Support can be a custom solution and isn't always as easy as a blanket fix....... Thanks for your advice,  but I have to disagree with your opinion.....

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Sounds like I have had a similar crash to others. Overcast is set to Medium and I am using the NOAA plugin, and was at cruise altitude when the sim crashed.

X-Plane also generated a ".dmp" file in the output-->crash reports folder but this forum won't let me post that file type. However I have attached the log files from X-Plane and Gizmo.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Thanks for the info. Since you're on Windows, I think this is actually a different issue, but I suspect it's one we've already fixed for the upcoming SkyMaxx Pro 2.0 release (which is currently in beta testing.) Basically if you somehow end up with more than one cirrus layer in the scene (which third party weather add-ons could do, even though that never happens in real life) it can lead to problems. It should be an extremely rare issue however, and the update is coming soon.

If this is happening for you on a regular basis however please let me know, and we can work more closely with you on testing a fix.

I do have CTD randomly due to plugin silverlining at the log.txt. It is a bit frustrating but i do start over my flight when it happens.

IMAC 27" OS X 10.9.3 32G RAM video GTX780. I used to have CTD on 10.25 and now on 10.30b5 as well. Different planes.

Today i have had 3 crashes in a row trying to flight Chicago Midway to Houston, all of them were at cruising altitude. Uninstalled SKP and tested the same path twice. No more crashes so far.

BUT i really miss skymaxxpro :( my skies looked much better on it and i also had better fps performance.

I am a bit lost, should i try to update gizmo? configure something else? or should i wait for the next update? I will be happy to perform any testing you may require to contribute on the diagnosis

thanks!!!!

edit: misspelling

Edited by mmerelles

mmerelles, the most common issue on MacOS can be avoided by setting your "overcast quality" setting in SkyMaxx Pro to medium or high. Have you already tried that?

No i didn´t. I am not at home right now but i will test it. I presume it is something like 25% (default value). Should i upgrade the gizmo as well?

i will test and let you know

• 2 weeks later...

Yea been there done that. First skymaxx crash ever. Its not that.

Then I'm afraid simply uploading a log file with little descriptive text of your scenario is not very helpful. Please be diligent and reproduce the problem before seeking answers. We need to know how to replicate your issue. In other words...make it crash again.

It could be a CRJ issue it crashed just before this but the log had no info on what caused the crash. I was on XSB but you know that just climbing to my FL. I have flown the CRJ for hundreds of hours in XP9 without any issues. I will try a fresh install of both without any other plugins to see what happens

is there a solution for the next problem i have?

I fly with netflight10 and due to gizmo 64plugin (installed due to skymaxx pro) it wont run properly.

if I take the plugin away there is no problem but then i cannot fly with skymaxx

is there a solution for it?

kind regards

Duke

You are the second person to report this.

Here is the first:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429935-question-online-flying/?p=2888534

There is no solution. I will not be investigating the issue.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Firstly commenting on one of the first posts - Comment made by one of the devs "This is not even a widespread issue". Well, I think you are wrong mate. Silverlining aka SMP has crashed my X-Plane so often that I gave up counting. I really marvel at your ignorance or maybe arrogance when it comes to client support. It is always the same rhetoric - find the problem with some other plug-in because nothing could possibly be wrong with our product. Remember it wasn't a freebie but paid for. Customers want it to work so that they can enjoy what they spend their money on.

Secondly, SMP does really look good! It pains me to bin it for now but I need a X-Plane that works to enjoy some flights! Please note that I am not complaining about the lack of support on my behalf as I haven't  and probably wouldn't ask for support in this matter. I'll wait it out till the CTD's get less. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Don Dormehl

Firstly commenting on one of the first posts - Comment made by one of the devs "This is not even a widespread issue". Well, I think you are wrong mate. Silverlining aka SMP has crashed my X-Plane so often that I gave up counting. I really marvel at your ignorance or maybe arrogance when it comes to client support. It is always the same rhetoric - find the problem with some other plug-in because nothing could possibly be wrong with our product. Remember it wasn't a freebie but paid for. Customers want it to work so that they can enjoy what they spend their money on.

This entire part of your post is ignorant.

You're responding to a thread from 2013 that hasn't had a response since 2014. The latest versions of the software are from 2015. That alone should tell you something.

Your crashes most definitely need investigation on both sides to solve. Unlike you, we have data. Data that shows MANY thousands of users using this product with no crashes. It leaves little doubt that something more is actually happening client side. Be it too high of settings in the control panel mixed with scenery and exhausting your VRAM, to having a conflict with some code. As developers the focus is on the product. Customers are bound to have way more plugins than we ever will, so yes, you need to be diligent and troubleshoot.

One thing is for sure...SkyMaxx Pro has been one of the best handled support cases for after sale service I have ever seen. The devs have given many free upgrades over the last two years and always solved any kinds of actual bugs that customers have found. This I am certain of.

Cameron,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, or so I would hope. Just to clarify, I have been using your product SMP pretty much from the its early releases and currently have version 2.1.1 installed in X-Plane 10.36. The problem with the so called log file and crash file is that these CTD's are not consistent ie; Flight between OMDB and EKCH crashes (CTD). Tomorrow I'll do exactly the same flight with the same time of day, the only change would be different real weather. Guess what, now there is no crash. I haven't changed a single thing within my X-plane structure or PC. That is the frustration I am sitting with and I can only imagine, many others.

My PC is relatively beafy with moderate settings (I-7 4770K OC to 4.4Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX Titan. I spoil myself by having HDR on and that is only because a lot of scenery and some aircraft lighting requires HDR to be turned on.

Your product generates the best weather textures in X-Plane full stop. The frustration comes in binning a 14 hour flight that CTD due Silverlining.

My opinions are simply that, opinions - don't see it as a personal attack.

Regards,

Don Dormehl

don't see it as a personal attack.

Might I remind you what you said?...

I really marvel at your ignorance or maybe arrogance...

I need not say more.

That is the frustration I am sitting with and I can only imagine, many others.

I wholeheartedly beg to differ. X-Plane add-on users are some of the most vocal customers I have ever seen or met. If something's amiss, they speak up.