SilverLining Crashing My Flights

cruster

Hi. 

Before anything. forgive my English .. 

I have two complete copies of X-Plane. One that I run from an external drive "E" and another run from "C". I use mac. 10.9 mavericks. 

Still I could not prove it 100% but I think the problem I was having when I run the copy from the external drive. 

Today I made ​​a flight with the copy that is in "C" and has not expelled me, I've also changed aircraft, previously used A320 neo Jar design and the last I've done with payware Boeing 727 series. 

I get checks to do. Ire telling what happened ...

Thanks!

Hi there,

just bought the great plugin, an had to find out, that I also have the problem of CTD with the error mentioned in the Threaddiscription.

Does anybody has a solution so far? I wonder if I spent 40$ now for nothing ....

What I've done so far:

-installed the latest Gizmo version

-disabled most of my other plugins (xsquawkbox e.g)

-tried with several aircrafts

-tried various settings in SMP

-tested many different airports

thanks so far for this great work of yours and your help indeed

schmie

This may not be very helpful, but I was having crashes with SlyMaxx, too, with both the Ramzess 777 and Peter Hager's A320s. Same flight, same flight plan, four crashes. I removed SkyMaxx and the crashes went away.

My complete guess is that is was due to the Gizmo memory leak, so I'm waiting for the next release to reinstall.

There is a manual-install plugin update available if you can be bothered unzipping a file and dragging some folders around.

http://blog.x-plugins.com/2014/01/

I know there's a new Gizmo update available. I'm also waiting for the next update to see if there is some progress in uncoupling SkyMaxx's draw distance from X-Plane's view distance.

Right and draw distance and view distance have to do with Gizmo how?

I know they don't have anything to do with Gizmo. I was telling Ben why I hadn't downloaded the new Gizmo plugin despite knowing about it.

If you feel the need to continue this, PM me.

Its hard to debug ctd. In log.txt is only: this application crash because of SilverLining :(

console log:

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000004

I tried run x-plane back on Mountain Lion. Some forums write about new memory management on Maverics and problems with X-plane but same problem on ML. 
Edited by ephendi

Hello John, Ben, and anyone else with interest.  Sorry to resurrect an aging thread.

I am having a problem that I am unable to pin down.  It seems to be related to SkyMAXX but I can't find a specific cause.  Here is what is happening:

I had been operating on a Mac Pro 2012 version with AMD Radeon 7900 3GB, with Mavericks installed.  Latest version of X-Plane, and with SkyMAXX functioning -- with no problems.  I recently acquired a just-released new Mac Pro with 64 GB RAM, and a couple AMD FirePro D700 6GB graphics cards (unfortunately, I believe X-Plane uses only one of the cards). 

I did a fresh install of X-Plane and added only those plugins I use all of the time (but without SkyMAXX yet).  I made several flights with multiple aircraft and everything worked flawlessly.  I was missing those good clouds so I installed SkyMAXX, and then I started having a strange problem every time I tried to land.  As I would descend within approx four seconds to touch down X-Plane would CTD.  There would be no warning, it would just be instantly gone.

Here is the strange part; the log text shows only the activities related to launch, but nothing after that.  It is silent on any errors or cause of crash. 

I repeated this with many different aircraft and airports.  Plugins cleaned out, or not.  It happened every time, with the same lack of information on the log txt.  I removed the silver lining folder from the plugins and tried again, with no CTD problems.  With silver lining back in the plugins folder I again had the crash.

I remembered a thread on the forum where people were having some problems and Ben had revised GIZMO for a fix.

There is a manual-install plugin update available if you can be bothered unzipping a file and dragging some folders around.

http://blog.x-plugins.com/2014/01/

I downloaded the new GIZMO version and replaced the one that SkyMAXX had installed.  SkyMAXX still appeared to function normally, but unfortunately I got no change in the crash-on-landing problem.

I have now uninstalled SkyMAXX until I get this figured out.

I had saved some files from one of the crashed flights (all of the files for each crash looked virtually the same).  Please have a look at the attached files and give any suggestions.

LogTxt.pdf    GizmoLog.pdf

I have the same problem: 

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SilverLining}==--

And before someone makes any suggestions, I am unwilling to perform any tests. I've completely uninstalled Skymaxx and I just regret having spent the money on it.

José

We are sorry for your loss.....

Jose,

Let me more clear,  I have two PC's and a bunch off add-ons for X-Plane I spend a lot of time testing different conditions in the simulator to try and make SkyMAXX Pro crash for the purpose of making sure we have a solid product.  My professional career is as a medical device repair person, which relates to this post.

To date I have never seen a crash of SkyMAXX on either of my systems both MAC and PC.  Back to my full time job, this happens all the time, a nurse will put a post-it note on a piece of equiment stating broken.  Ill goto the director of that section of the hospital, professionally, and begin to explain the importance of giving me feedback so I can be better at my job.  Sarcastically I will add, if the director is a person I can speak frank to,  a doctor wouldn't put "sick" on a patients chart.  This usually helps me solidify my point.

Back to SkyMAXX Pro, I cannot sit by your computer and diagnose the problem for you, I need help from those having issues.  We strive to have the best global add-ons for X-Plane and we enjoy being part of the community but not getting the full picture leaves us throwing darts at the problem.  And I would hope you saw the value in SkyMAXX thats why you bought it,  we rely on your support......

The total amount of variables at play are tremendous and if we start to see a common add-on or rendering setting or location....son on and so on we can start to pinpoint where the problem is and give you a fix......

Without that we can just make a few educated guesses and hope we hit the target........

Jose, I perfectly understand your first reaction, you buy theproduct and you get crash....

On the other hand, there are so many variables that ocasssionally users will experience crash etc.

In the case like that,  Maxx Team will investigate things but need a bit of your input.

I started also with a very negative feelings but I realised that there was a big part of my setup causing my problems.   See that thread   http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/6375-to-all-members-of-lead-edge-simulations-team/

Just give it a minute, attach your log files and work with John, I am sure you will become a happy user of SMP.

Of course I do respect any decision you will make but I am trying to encourage you to give the problem a chance to be fixed.

I totally love SMP and I do not even want to fly without it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cheers, AJ ;)

I understand that Maxx team would benefit from my cooperation to correct their product but I just don't have the time to fly for 1 or 2 hours and suddenly get a crash that I could not antecipate. My flights are usually made for a purpose: I may be flying with friends, or flying a leg tour or, perhaps an FSE assignment, in any case it is extremely frustrating to have a crash after 1 or 2 hours; in some cases the loss is unrecoverable with a new flight, because there was a deadline for completing the flight. So, although I understand that Maxx could do with my cooperation, I am unwilling to do it.

Best regards,

José