SkyMAXX PRO 1.1

Sabach

Updated text as increase my experience as a program.

Hello pilots!

I confess I was already short of money, but I had to get this addon, wanted to test the novelty of having clouds moving and you go through them.

Great job, it was a great idea, practical and beautiful. This will improve the experience of flying.

I need to understand the textures, I hope I can change the textures, as well as anyone.

The first impression was, this is amazing, look at these moving clouds and reflections. There is one thing better could be the resolution of the texture pattern of the cloud which is only 64 pixels. Therefore, the edges of clouds are unsatisfactory. I thought it had more cumulus clouds, but only with THIS ONE texture resolution. ANYWAY the look is good.

On the issue of performance was very good, looks better than the standard, either with HDR OFF / ON in my system had good performance. I liked the Settings menu options.

Below are some screenshots comparing the performance. I hope this helps someone.

XP-10 Settings 

7orc.jpg

SkyMAXX Pro Settings , gives a good possibility to suit most types of machines .

x58h.jpg

Cirrus HDR OFF 

x93m.jpg

Cirrus HDR ON 

y7hh.jpg

3/8 Cumulus HDR OFF

5sge.jpg

3/8 Cumulus HDR ON

p51f.jpg

6/8 HDR OFF 

28ym.jpg

6/8 HDR ON Beautiful

xaz3.jpg

Overcast cumulus - greater loss of FPS 37 FPS Good

Overcast Stratus - less loss of FPS 100 FPS Good 

conclusion:

Comparing clouds staticas default, the motion feature and turn leaves more living environment with Skymaxx PRO.

I am studying and testing the program, I recommend the program yes, and I expect updates and improvements.

NOTE : I hope understood my English translated. Thank you

Regards ,

Sabach .

Edited by Sabach
  • Upvote 5

• 3 months later...

It's how in real aviation the sky is defined regarding clouds coverage.

The sky is virtually divided in octas ( 8 parts ), where 0/8 means clear blue sky, and 8/8  Overcast ( no scattered clouds, but a thick layer ( grey weather ) )

SKC - Sky Clear
FEW >1-2 octas
SCT ( Scattered ) 3-4 octas
BKN ( Broken ) 5-7 octas
OVC ( Overcast ) 8 octas