SkyMAXX Pro keeps switching...

horani

John (and Cameron),

first of all thank you for this great product, which totally changes X Plane experience. Great job and I do also confirm considerable performance increase with ver. 1.1

However I do have one (actually two) problems I did not have before. X Plane now keeps switching from real weather (which I use) to set uniform weather option by itself.

The second problem (maybe connected with the first one) are short (1 - 3 seconds) freezes, probably caused by loading graphics during above mentioned switches.

Both issues are quite annoying as you can imagine.

X Plane now keeps switching from real weather (which I use) to set uniform weather option by itself.

We have nothing to do this this, actually, as we are not a weather injection plugin and these settings are not written to in any form or fashion.

The second problem (maybe connected with the first one) are short (1 - 3 seconds) freezes, probably caused by loading graphics during above mentioned switches.
Both issues are quite annoying as you can imagine.

Yes, sounds like the switch is causing constant change for you, which means pauses. Perhaps an X-Plane prefs dump is in order for you, or another weather plug-in is interfering (NOAA or similar?).

Looks like the cause for the pauses really is the constant switching. The thing is I did not experienced that before and the only change I've made was the update of SMP to ver 1.1. Also, I am not using any other weather plugin (such as the NOAA).

Have you noticed anyone else with a similar problem?

In any way, I'll try the investigate further and / or dump the prefs and see if that'll help.

Thank you.

Edited by horani

Looks like the cause for the pauses really is the constant switching. The thing is I did not experienced that before and the only change I've made was the update of SMP to ver 1.1. Also, I am not using any other weather plugin (such as the NOAA).

Have you noticed anyone else with a similar problem?

In any way, I'll try the investigate further and / or dump the prefs and see if that'll help.

Thank you.

Do you have the NOAA plugin installed? 

Reason I ask is if you have it installed and not turned off you will not be able to use real world weather.......

I know you said you are not using NOAA in your post but curious as to if you have it installed or not.....

Edited by JohnMAXX

Wow! I have this too and thought that was the Noaa plugin which has problems with Mavericks, but when that happened I used to switch off the python interface from the plugins menu and then I would be immediately able to select real weather again, Horani you dont have Noaa but do you have python? because at this point it is not Noaa, but python itself the cause of that. And I do not have XSquawkbox or X-IVAP.

Edited by flydav

Wow! I have this too and thought that was the Noaa plugin which has problems with Mavericks, but when that happened I used to switch off the python interface from the plugins menu and then I would be immediately able to select real weather again, Horani you dont have Noaa but do you have python? because at this point it is not Noaa, but python itself the cause of that. And I do not have XSquawkbox or X-IVAP.

Hmm, I have removed XSquawkbox and the problem persists.

I do not have NOAA or Python interface installed, so that neither of them is the cause in my case...

When the switch to "set uniform weather" happens, I am unable to re-select "real weather" immediately, I need to wait about 30 seconds. Nevertheless "something" switches X-Plane back to "set uniform weather". Really strange.

Edited by horani

I thought it might be interesting to compare our plugins Horani.

This is what I have plus SASL and 757 avionics which is the plane I was flying when the problem occurred.

World traffic is always disabled

Let's see what you have. 

post-8426-0-38677600-1386546508_thumb.pn

post-8426-0-30740300-1386546547_thumb.pn
Edited by flydav

I thought it might be interesting to compare our plugins Horani.

This is what I have plus SASL and 757 avionics which is the plane I was flying when the problem occurred.

World traffic is always disabled

Let's see what you have. 

I have just the Gizmo64, Silver lining (SMP), SASL, 757 plugin and XSB. Nothing else. I have removed the XSB and the problem was still there.

I've made couple of test flights today (with stock Baron) and had no single occurrence of switching between real weather and uniform weather (XPX kept on real weather)! I've then realized, that I had these switches when flying either JARDesign a320neo V2 or FlightFactor B757. The issue is becoming even stranger...

I do however still face long pauses while loading SMP graphics. I've tried to dial the setting a little lower (even that FPS are no issue in ver. 1.1). Pauses are shorter and less frequent, but still there. Had no problem with 1.0 version of SkyMAXX Pro.

Edited by horani

When I had the weather switching I was flying with the 757 never tried with other planes so far, and what I did was just turning off python interface and I was able to switch to real weather again.  I'm using the default cessna to check a scenery that I'm working on and I have no issues with weather switching unless the changes would occur when flying on a large area. 

Had no time to check this problem again but tonight will fly disabling python from the beginning so if that happens again it means python is not guilty ( and I mean python with mavericks suspected incompatibility)

Even though I realize that me and horani have sasl and the 757 plugin in common, but none of them access the weather, for what I know.

Thanks John for looking into this issue. :)

Quick fyi we are working on a 1.2 release to address the pausing issue. As far as the weather switching skymaxx does not write to the weather engine....I may need to pick one of those aircraft up to test...

Very courious situation you have going on there.....

John,

thanks for looking into this and also for the upcoming 1.2 release addressing the pausing issue.

The switching certainly is strange. None of my plugins (after removing XSB) does write or access the weather engine. The ONLY thing I can think of is the new panel in a320neo, which displays the METAR info for dep/dest airport. It seems it has to access weather somehow and (maybe) mess with the settings. As far as the 757 goes - no idea.

Edited by horani

When I had the weather switching I was flying with the 757 never tried with other planes so far, and what I did was just turning off python interface and I was able to switch to real weather again.  I'm using the default cessna to check a scenery that I'm working on and I have no issues with weather switching unless the changes would occur when flying on a large area. 

Had no time to check this problem again but tonight will fly disabling python from the beginning so if that happens again it means python is not guilty ( and I mean python with mavericks suspected incompatibility)

Even though I realize that me and horani have sasl and the 757 plugin in common, but none of them access the weather, for what I know.

Thanks John for looking into this issue. :)

I never had Python or NOAA plugin installed, so that they are not the cause (at least in my case) for sure. Do you have the JARDesign a320neo? Do you experience the switching with this plane (see my response to John above)?

Tried again today with the Saab and several stock planes - no switches. Will try again tomorrow with both a320neo and B757. Curious what I am about to see...

I never had Python or NOAA plugin installed, so that they are not the cause (at least in my case) for sure. Do you have the JARDesign a320neo? Do you experience the switching with this plane (see my response to John above)?

Tried again today with the Saab and several stock planes - no switches. Will try again tomorrow with both a320neo and B757. Curious what I am about to see...

Yes I have the A320 neo but haven't tried with it so far.