SkyMaxx Pro Version 1.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Great! Let us know how you like it, AJ.

Hi Cameron,

I finally decided to be brave and .... bought SM Pro.

I was a bit nervous.

I installed it, started XP.

I liked what I saw a lot.

BUT, It was still VATSIM and frame rate to be checked.....

Logged into VATSIM, all good.  Went to different airport still logged at VATSIM, saw traffic ( I was not on runway or taxiway  )

I started liking even more what I saw.

Frame rate in the busiest airports 30+, excellent!

I said, OK, one more test , I flew on VATSIM 1hr + flight for one of the VA I am a member and all went FANTASTIC, no frame rate drop.

Delay with each weather update marginal ( I have weather check on VATSIM every 5 minutes).

John, Cameron and all people who developed SkyMax Pro, you guys did a fantastic job!

It definitely increases the realism of XP a few notches in one shot.

This was the plugin I was waiting for since I started with XP version 8.

I am speechless. ( no wonder, English is my second language  :lol: )

Look at these clouds , they are ALIVE!!!!!  :D

OK, I need to settle down , I do not want to banned.

Cameron, THAT was a joke, you know that, for the sake of old good times, no offense intended at all, just maybe you will smile reading that. :)

I hope nobody will mind if I say it again.

John, Cameron and the whole XA Team, you excelled in what you achieved.

OK, now the explanations, I made a video, wanted to share my enthusiasm and fun.

I made some quick sunrises at KPHL, KORF, KTXU, KJFL, KLAX, KSFO KDEN and final parts in AK.

You will also see my SM Pro, Rendering and my systems specs including graphic card.

After what I saw today, I would not be surprised to see me flying the route I flew today  in SAAB.  :o  :D

Many thanks from a very happy customer, outstanding job Gentlemen.

Cheers, AJ  ;)

Hope you enjoy the video.

P.S. Did I mention that the "gray screen of death" is gone?  See the end of the video.

I just watched the video and I messed up recording my system settings si I attached SSs, sorry. 

post-1109-0-39393700-1386648327_thumb.jp

post-1109-0-22118600-1386648349_thumb.jp

• Upvote 2

Very satisfied, Cameron.  :)   These clouds and sky are simply fantastic and alive, I have already said that.

One question as I could not find an answer, I have two instances of XP on the same computer.

Can I install SM Pro on both?

If yes, just run installer again?

Cheers, AJ  ;)

Edited by arb65912

Got a problem with strobo lights after installing SMP. It seems the red strobo (probably a NAMED_LIGHT) has a strange halon, like the billboard it's too big. I noticed when I loaded the Jar A320 and the fuel truck; the red blinking lights have this problem.

Please check!

Sent from Tapatalk

Do me a favor and show me a picture.......

SMP looks great, no doubt, and performance is very good. Thanks to all involved.

Nonetheless two wishes for future updates:

1. Smoother transitions from day to night and vice versa (abrupt changing of cloud colours right now)

2. Smoother intersections with the scenery/mesh (very choppy from certain angles of view)

And now let's pray for Laminar to improve the weather injection  - so Skymaxx may shine in all its glory.

Cheers

Flo. 

1. Smoother transitions from day to night and vice versa (abrupt changing of cloud colours right now)

Default clouds no different. Might be a good time for you to nudge Laminar. :)

2. Smoother intersections with the scenery/mesh (very choppy from certain angles of view)

Show a screenshot to better describe your issue.

Ah yes. The solution to those sharp cloud/ground intersections is a technique called "soft particles," but we would need access to X-Plane's internal depth texture in order to do that. We should lobby Laminar to expose that through the XPLMGetTexture function, and other useful textures such as the reflection texture.

attachicon.gifLog.txtLooks like my issue got lost in the ongoing discussion.  I have downloaded and installed SMP 1.1 and the sim crashes to desktop on startup.  The log.txt file is attached, has something to do with plugins, if I'm understanding the log file.

Hi, there....ok, please read all below!

Warning: /Volumes/SSD/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/mac.xpl

You should pay attention to this. Please delete this and then re-install AirTrack properly.

Loaded: /Volumes/SSD/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/Xsaitekpanels/mac.xpl

Please temporarily remove this plugin from your plugins directory for testing purposes.

Loaded: Custom Scenery/USA_FL_KVPS_Eglin AFB-Northwest Florida Rgnl v 3.0   /plugins/GroundTraffic/mac.xpl.

Please go to an airport without plug-ins (like KSEA)

Loaded: /Volumes/SSD/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/General Aviation/Carenado A36 Bonanza/plugins/sasl/64/mac.xpl.

Please use a default aircraft instead of a payware one.

Loaded: /Volumes/SSD/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/CustomSBDatarefs004/64/mac.xpl.

Please temporarily remove this plugin from your plugins folder.

Now, does it load and work? If so, logically deduct and add back things to the equation one at a time.

After trying various edits per your reply, nothing changed, always crashed on startup.  So i did a completely fresh install of XP10.25 everything completely standard, no custom scenery, no plug-ins, no pay ware aircraft have yet been added to this fresh install.  Opened fine first time.  Then I installed SMP 1.1.  Crashed on startup.  Log.txt is attached.  Shows same error message that it did before.

Log.txt

After trying various edits per your reply, nothing changed, always crashed on startup.  So i did a completely fresh install of XP10.25 everything completely standard, no custom scenery, no plug-ins, no pay ware aircraft have yet been added to this fresh install.  Opened fine first time.  Then I installed SMP 1.1.  Crashed on startup.  Log.txt is attached.  Shows same error message that it did before.

Can you please post the crash log file as well?