HD Mesh Scenery V2 - file troubles?

w9nwrwi

Downloaded the +40-090-north_american file last night...about 12 hours.

I have a question on file types that I now have.

My file types are:      zip Archive....I assume that is correct   873,853 KB

PART File....I question this one  Have about 12 of them with varied amounts of sizes.

Zip Archive......of 0 KB I have 13 of those.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Chuck

Well I tried, even with Flightsim.com First Class Membership, and the .AU site.  I have about 20 hrs trying to get 1 area. On to other things, maybe try in 6 months.

Pardon my tone, but its soooo aggravaing and I know absolutly nothing about torrent, but thats not your problem.

I sincerly appreciate your options and a great looking product from the screen shots.

Chuck

This sounds like as if you don't have a really stable internet connection .... if it is disrupted every now or then, that could easily lead to broken files. In this situation, the BitTorrent  approach might help, which can easily take care of "half finished" files (it just continues where it was stopped) ... Just google a little bit about it, and you might find it as a viable option in your case.

You - and others - might also read the official "press release" from flightsim.com about the download issues (they were / are completely overwhelmed):

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?14420-Slow-Downloads-Unprecedented-Demand

Are you signed into your flightsim.com account even if you have the paid membership you still have to be signed in I have downloaded 5 of them and the largest took no more than 10 minutes with the paid  and would have taken about 12 hours with out the membership .  It sounds like you where trying to download them  all at once download them individually its faster

Larjeet,

I will go back over there and try again. I was logged into flightsim.com.  I started by selecting just one area, +40-90, and their download area showed just that area for download.

I did not select the whole package, would not even know how to do that.

If based on the amount of time (10 minutes in your case) for a download, maybe my paid membership is not taking.  Well, like I said I will go back over and see what gives.

My time said it would be around 8 hours just for the one +40-90.

Thanks