Uninstaller not working

whiskeyportal

So when I try and uninstall the uninstaller fires up for a second and only gets about a quarter of the way done then goes away changing nothing and now XP won't start. I also tried going through windows and uninstalling from lists of programs with no luck. Tried reinstalling and it freezes and the only way to close it is to restart my computer. I tried running the xplane updater hoping there might be a beta with no luck. Other than a complete XP reinstall is there another option?

Is this on a second machine? I recall you saying you have 32-bit only.

The uninstaller is nothing magical. It literally touches only new files, and never any X-Plane related files. This is the first time I've heard of anything even remotely close to this, so I'm baffled. I've just run install and uninstall at least 15 times now without issue.

Go into your resources/plugins folder and remove SilverLining and Gizmo64.plugin. Best guess would be that since your uninstaller quit halfway through, some files did get deleted and X-Plane is hanging trying to find such files.