Skymaxx - No Clouds

fletcherj

I found a solution...

I uninstalled Skymaxx Pro and ran the X-Plane Updater to re-install the default cloud textures. Ran the Skymaxx Pro Installer again and everything ran beautifully.

I am successfully cruising along the Florida Panhandle immersed in scattered thunderstorms.

Thanks for a great add-on!

post-6257-0-90619100-1385499631_thumb.pn

post-6257-0-15418400-1385499725_thumb.pn

post-6257-0-09736000-1385499784_thumb.pn

• Upvote 1

I found a solution...

I uninstalled Skymaxx Pro and ran the X-Plane Updater to re-install the default cloud textures. Ran the Skymaxx Pro Installer again and everything ran beautifully.

I am successfully cruising along the Florida Panhandle immersed in scattered thunderstorms.

Thanks for a great add-on!

Nice shots! Seems like you got your configuration tight quickly!

My problem is that i cannot see any high level cloud layer, like cirrus or skytrails...why? I use noaa weather (as usual) with transition at 9500ft. Suggestion? At the moment I'm very upset with this plugin (SkuMaxx Pro...) and I'm almost thinking to go back to default, both for performances both for no variations in clouds...I always obtain blue sky with some cumulus...

My problem is that i cannot see any high level cloud layer, like cirrus or skytrails...why? I use noaa weather (as usual) with transition at 9500ft. Suggestion? At the moment I'm very upset with this plugin (SkuMaxx Pro...) and I'm almost thinking to go back to default, both for performances both for no variations in clouds...I always obtain blue sky with some cumulus...

If using real world weather a cirrus layer may not be present via the default weather dialog.

X-Plane approximates a nice number of possible situations.

Set your weather without noaa or default real weather:

30, 000 cirrus

14, 000 cumulus sct

5, 000 few cumulus

Set your visibility CAVOK

Is this what you are looking for? If so real world weather may or may not have this effect.....all depends on the weather....

Changing between two types of weather may case more pauses in the simulation as the weather re-loads.  This issue is present with or without SkyMAXX Pro.  I suggest sticking with one type of output.  The default weather may not be as optimal since clouds will disappear in some situations but all of this is a matter of taste.

In Brief if you switch between the NOAA and METAR be prepared for some pauses in the simulation...

As far as fog is concerned this post may be helpful:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/6086-visibility-issues/

Again  visibility depends on weather conditions and fog is part of that and SkyMAXX Pro is completely different then the default cloud system.  It may be you need to adjust somewhat to the new clouds and tinker with the UI for best results.....

OK, I'll try again more and more settings. The lag is in any case worse from the default x-plane weather one. I think that you have to work a lot more on this aspect and on HDR implementation as well. Hope all this problems, including orbit textures problem, will be solved soon and fast. At the moment I'm not really satisfied of this new plugin...

Thanks anyway.

The lag is in any case worse from the default x-plane weather one.

We did not touch anything to do with the default real weather load system. Real weather has always lagged, but to some it may not have been as noticeable till now (will depend on your system). Part of the reason it would be more noticeable for you now is because when the weather changes X-Plane is instructed to draw a new set of clouds, and unlike default clouds, SkyMaxx Pro has no two clouds alike, so you have some computer thinking going into how it should render your new scene. X-Plane is responsible for how this loads.

I think that you have to work a lot more on this aspect and on HDR implementation as well.

It's actually Laminar we are waiting on to make HDR easier. At this time they do not allow plugins to read render state in HDR, which causes tone-mapping to have more of a bloom effect. Many customers have invested time into configuring SkyMaxx Pro and have actually been able to make HDR look really, really good. HDR also does multiple flight loop frame calls that can be unnecessary to the plugin, so if you have a lower end machine it can effect performance. Laminar is going to be working with adding new items into the SDK so we can have better control of these things. We are at their mercy on this front.

Hope all this problems, including orbit textures problem

We are looking into this one further. At first glance I believe this is tied to a dataref to kill assets from Laminar, so again there may need to be changes made on their end.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...