737NG Basic by FSXP

Michael_Chang

HEY!
FSXP is excited to announce that we'll be starting a new project, slated for release in 2014! Hiroshi, the modeller of our 787 and 767 exteriors has created another family of planes and wants the planes to be available in x-plane too!

The series is being dubbed the 737NG Basic, and will be built over the next six months. No comment yet on whether a 3d cockpit or cabin will be added. The Basic dub means that it won't feature a lot of advanced tech like plugin control or 3d cockpit, it's designed more for simple flying and nice visuals. The project will also feature full livery compatability forward and backwards, meaning any textures from FSX for this plane can be directly copied in to the .png format and vice versa. The project will be developed alongside the 787 and will share the same animation techniques used on the 787.

The project is expected to contain between 30 and 40 planes, ranging from the 600 to the MAX series jets.

Other features for the planes will include:

-Three types of winglets

-eyebrows or no eyebrows

-air stairs

-ground services, including refueling trucks, GPU and a push back

-quality 3d models

-accurate flight model (no plugin control though)

-2d panel (no comment on 3d panel)

1441392_740715522609346_1857695857_n.jpg

1459121_740715499276015_461781270_n.jpg

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

Great news :)

I am a HW cockpit builder on the NG series and this would be a great flightmodel to use because of the non plugin.

I would be more than happy to betatest the flightmodel in my cockpit using my advanced avionics software and profiles.

Edited by P3R
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I don't mean to offend I would definitely put my resources into the NG when such a fine (IXEG) classic model is nearing completion! (The x737 is awesome too though!) 

in many respects, this plane is meant to be a quick conversion, simple sim jet, not very in-depth, based mostly on its visual detailing and ease of use (think of it like a plane with training wheels XD) while we will incorporate a few SASL components into the 2d cockpit so.....

• Upvote 1

What is the point of making an basic version when we have that already in the x737. I do wish you would make it pro instead.<br />

i'm not talented enough to "pro" it up to their level unfortunately :/ plus it would involve creating a VC and cabin which I don't have time for between my two "pro" projects

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

good work so far. One thing I noticed is the sharp edge on the upper side of the window frame between the first and the second cockpit side window. I think that the upper sides of the window frames should be better aligned with each other.

best regards

Martin

Edited by MartinJ

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...