737NG Basic by FSXP

Michael_Chang

• 2 weeks later...

What is the point of making an basic version when we have that already in the x737. I do wish you would make it pro instead.<br />

Just my opinion but I have around 10 hours of time in a 737-800 full flight simulator and I have to say the x737 handles way too lightly (real one needs near max up elevator to get the nose gear off the ground), it climbs too quickly (I managed to get 5000 ft/min but when I am training on the actual simulator I only get 3500-4000) and also the engines responds too quickly. The flight director bars move too slowly (real ones move quite quickly, sometimes too quickly), the autopilot corrects with too much of a jerk and also landing.

On the full flight simulator (or the real 738 in that respect), I flare at around 4-4.5 degrees at the most (I do not suggest anyone to look on the pfd and aim for flare attitude) and it gives me a relatively smooth landing of less than -200 ft/min but on the x737 I do the same thing and I thump onto the ground with 300-400ft/min. On the actual simulator, if I flare at anything more than 4.5 degrees I start floating and even gaining altitude but on the x737 it still thumps onto the ground.

It just doesn't nail it, I don't mean to offend anyone and I know they paid a lot of attention to detail but it really doesn't behave like that.

This is great news. While the x737 is a good systems plane, the external model is mediocre,  (especially the flaps) and its auto pilot is unreliable. 

Looking forward to the -800 and -900 versions. 

See my post above, it explains my observations on the x737. I really hope this 737 would be able to nail the flight model to a point where it flies just like the real 737 simulator. At least for the 738 model.

Just my opinion but I have around 10 hours of time in a 737-800 full flight simulator and I have to say the x737 handles way too lightly (real one needs near max up elevator to get the nose gear off the ground), it climbs too quickly (I managed to get 5000 ft/min but when I am training on the actual simulator I only get 3500-4000) and also the engines responds too quickly. The flight director bars move too slowly (real ones move quite quickly, sometimes too quickly), the autopilot corrects with too much of a jerk and also landing.

On the full flight simulator (or the real 738 in that respect), I flare at around 4-4.5 degrees at the most (I do not suggest anyone to look on the pfd and aim for flare attitude) and it gives me a relatively smooth landing of less than -200 ft/min but on the x737 I do the same thing and I thump onto the ground with 300-400ft/min. On the actual simulator, if I flare at anything more than 4.5 degrees I start floating and even gaining altitude but on the x737 it still thumps onto the ground.

It just doesn't nail it, I don't mean to offend anyone and I know they paid a lot of attention to detail but it really doesn't behave like that.

I am sorry, but I fail to see the relevance to my question for a ng pro version

• Upvote 1

This is great news. While the x737 is a good systems plane, the external model is mediocre,  (especially the flaps) and its auto pilot is unreliable. 

Looking forward to the -800 and -900 versions. 

The new flaps for the x737 has improved a lot! The nose though needs help, the mesh is not smooth and you could see a small dent behind the back cockpit windows. Also he poly count is unnecessarily high.

EDIT: Quoted wrong person..oops.

Edited by Peter T.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...