QPAC A320 3D Cockpit/3D Upgrade

WombatBoy

Better yet, learn some basic image editing skills and highlight your concerns by annotating the imagery so there is no room for confusion.

Don't give feedback that can be understood. Give feedback that cannot be misunderstood.

This is exactly what I'd like to see. If you visit any other modeling forum where people are offering critiques of the model shown, almost every time there's pictures provided with little circles and annotations and comparisons to real pictures in order to illustrate/demonstrate their point.

This is exactly what I'd like to see. If you visit any other modeling forum where people are offering critiques of the model shown, almost every time there's pictures provided with little circles and annotations and comparisons to real pictures in order to illustrate/demonstrate their point.

Just let it go, it's very clear we're just wasting our time. He's proven multiple times that he's childish and has no clear understanding on how criticism works. You keep doing your thing and build us a beautiful A320!  :) 

2v01pw1.png

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to see - or hear - a greatly improved sound package for the QPAC A320 to complement what you're doing with the graphics and systems modelling.

The $70 price tag being proposed for the full Extended version will put this into a premium price category, similar pricing to FSX add-ons like PMDG 737NGX or Aerosoft A320/321, so it follows that the product needs to compete at that level. I know the QPAC A320 project has always been about making a serious, accurate A320 simulator, and that's still going to be the main selling point, but people will want attractive graphics and atmospheric sound as well.

Very promising project though and really looking forward to seeing the 3D upgrade together with the Plus version.

• 2 months later...

I wonder, if the 3D upgrade and the Plus version will ever be released. They are in the mode of screenshots (which all look amazing) and announcement since more than a year. They already postponed the release from May to December, but now is December and what...? I would appreciate to receive some clear statement about the availabilty. I am not going to purchase some 2D model, without the guarantee for the Plus upgrade.

I am not going to purchase some 2D model, without the guarantee for the Plus upgrade.

I purchase the plane and Its very good.

And you have to think about QPAC have give to x-plane community with the QPAC A320 freeware (many hours of fun for me and many others users) Its time to give back some to they ($ 25 Us dollars) I think its not too much.

Carlos Garcia

I purchase the plane and Its very good.

And you have to think about QPAC have give to x-plane community with the QPAC A320 freeware (many hours of fun for me and many others users) Its time to give back some to they ($ 25 Us dollars) I think its not too much.

Carlos Garcia

You may be right, about the 25 $, and the 2D Aircraft may be the best designed. But I would like to have the 3D as Plus-version, and do not like to be cheated with promisses, which are perhaps not intented to be fulfilled. I am afraid this so far seems to become a habit (there is at least one other company, which practisses marketing like this). They should make a simple statement or commitment.

Regards Klaus

You may be right, about the 25 $, and the 2D Aircraft may be the best designed. But I would like to have the 3D as Plus-version, and do not like to be cheated with promisses, which are perhaps not intented to be fulfilled. I am afraid this so far seems to become a habit (there is at least one other company, which practisses marketing like this). They should make a simple statement or commitment.

Regards Klaus

As Far as I know they were a little bussy with FF Airbus A350. I think they have more free time now to finish the A320.

Ragards

Carlos

By the time the A320 Premium version comes out, it will probably have to compete with A350 Professional series, and one or two really serious Boeings from the likes of PMDG and IXEG. I also think Aerosoft need their heads examined if they, as publishers of the DVD version of X-Plane and premium airport scenery packs, aren't seriously considering porting their A318/319/320/321 products over to X-Plane. How many Prepar3d licences have been sold at least partially because it can run the Aerosoft A320? Obviously it's a much, much bigger job to re-develop an FSX aircraft for X-Plane because of fundamental differences in the platform. But the rewards for Aerosoft go beyond the sales of the A320 itself, they'll also sell more copies of X-Plane and more airports as well. The point being, it's almost inevitable that sooner or later, Aerosoft A320 will end up on X-Plane.

My hope is that QPAC have seen this as well and the reason things have gone quiet is because they are rethinking where they are going with this product. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this become the next joint venture with Flight Factor.

Hi Carlos, I hope you are right, but it dos not look like a stringent strategy as QPAC is not a company working in a Garage. They are by far (except those guys in Redwood) the biggest and apparently the most experienced in this business of flightsimming. So I can expect something, and obviously i got Tod be patient.

I suppose it's my time to offer some apologies. This previous summer it was my expectation that this semester of school wouldn't be the most taxing of semesters, however, I was proved wrong rather quickly. It's tough get an aerospace engineering degree, three minors, and still have time to work on this project so I've fallen a bit behind. Believe me, it will be finished, not only for you, but for my own personal edification. It may not be in the time period I promised you, but it will be finished in a reasonable time. You are right about QPAC not being a company working in a garage for the most part, however, on my end, the 3D cockpit and graphics end, that is actually the case. My sincerest apologies to the X-Plane community. I apologize for my lack of inactivity here lately, however I've got more serious matters, like college finals, to tend to at the moment.

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

My dad works for Jetstar Australia on the A320/A321 (mostly the 320), he has supported QPAC from the start, by getting the freeware version and training for his sim in it, IN THE FREEWARE, he absolutely loves it and with the addition of the MCDU and even more systems for just $25, I can assure you when the Plus comes out we will be the first to buy it!( and the premium!)

Regards

Patrick

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi WombatBoy,

I purchased this aircraft yesterday, the very first payware aircraft that I have ever brought.

I think the aircraft is very good and it's a fair price too.
However, the lack of of a functional 3d cockpit limits its use for me.
I run three instances of X-Plane from a single machine across three monitors to get the correct perspective,
so a 2d panel doesn't really work for me.

I'm not bothered if the cargo doors don't open, or that the on-board toilets don't flush. :)
I never sit in a passenger seat and look out the window, unless I'm on a real aircraft.

In X-Plane, I like to sit in the pilot's seat, so I don't need anyone else sitting there. ;)

Steven.

Just to add, I suspect that this aircraft probably uses fewer computer resources compared to it's competition.
That is something else it has going for it.

Edited by Bikeflyer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...