XSquawkbox and Gizmo

iGoApp

Hello. The 64 bit version of XSquawkbox has been released. Apparently there is a problem with the Gizmo plugin. This is what it says on the org site: "The gizmo crash is well reported and will be fixed, wade et al have suggested that you contact the gizmo makers as that is where the problem lies and not with xsquawkbox because if you remove gizmo everything works perfectly."

So, I am conveying the message to the Gizmo developers and also wanted to see if other people tried the XSquawkbox with Saab.

Best,

This is what it says on the org site: "The gizmo crash is well reported and will be fixed, wade et al have suggested that you contact the gizmo makers as that is where the problem lies and not with xsquawkbox because if you remove gizmo everything works perfectly."

I am reminded of the movie, "Captain Ron" where the boat captain says.   "We must be close to our destination because I put in just enough gas to get to our destination and we are almost out of gas"

Another example...If I get on the road and drive on the wrong side of the road and do not get in a head-on collision because no one else is on the road.....then someone else does gets on the road and we do get in a wreck......   That's like saying its their fault because until they got on the road, I was fine so the problem must be with them.

Sometimes, you do not know you have a problem until someone or something else brings it into the light.  In these situations, you simply investigate and improve, usually with the cooperation of both parties involved as is could be anywhere....but folks other than the plugin authors need to refrain from comment as to the nature of the problem.

TomK

Edited by tkyler