What did you fly today?

Maxime

That's incredible! Very impressive, I assume that is your own 3D modelling of the engine?

<br /><br />Nope, a clever bit of object replacing using Peter Hager's A320 as a donor. Actually pretty easy to do, just had to adjust the position of the engines in a 3D editor (I use AC3D) to match the CFM ones, and make a few texture changes on the wing, and it looks perfect!
  • Upvote 1

Very impressive! Shows of the possibilities! 

Indeed it does! Surprisingly easy too actually, everything uses the same animation datarefs and such so other than a repositioning almost no modelling work was needed! I did something similar to the A330 and it was much more difficult...

Here's another shot with some clearer details :D

gT5bkxvh.png

• Upvote 5

Indeed it does! Surprisingly easy too actually, everything uses the same animation datarefs and such so other than a repositioning almost no modelling work was needed! I did something similar to the A330 and it was much more difficult...

Here's another shot with some clearer details :D

That shot's even better! Makes a lot more sense without the Neo wingtips!  ;)

This just makes me more disappointed that Jar haven't gone ahead and added the other engine options!

oFHU5DJ.jpg

DhUhTqB.jpg

JFOSKVc.jpg

• Upvote 5

That shot's even better! Makes a lot more sense without the Neo wingtips!  ;)

This just makes me more disappointed that Jar haven't gone ahead and added the other engine options!

Well, technically sharklets are available for ceo A320s too ;)

But if it makes you feel better, this is freshly rolled-out from my workshop...

CqMQ1buh.png

Edited by jiggyb2
  • Upvote 4

After several flightless months, I've had some time to fly long haul over Thanksgiving. Quite a stress reliever to finally have time for X-Plane after such a while! 

Today's flight originated from New York JFK and destined to Amsterdam AMS, using the route operated by Delta Air Lines flight 48.

Sunrise over the Atlantic calls for some screenies

HgssWoW.jpg

Dawn over the Ocean

JnWImUk.jpg

​Significantly brighter outside now as we progress toward Amsterdam:

6cAScFJ.jpg

Despite the challenging weather in Amsterdam this afternoon, heavy rain and crosswinds, still touched down on runway 22.

9LuIQ9A.jpg

(Quick note, I can't get outside the plane and set my wing views on the 757. On the 777, I moved out the doors in 3D view and set my views. Can anyone help me get outside the walls in the 757?  :P)

Thanks for reading and Happy Flying

• Upvote 6

Can anyone help me get outside the walls in the 757?

I can't tell if you are serious with this request, but if you are serious just hit shift+8 on the keyboard.  That will take you outside where you can move around with the arrow keys and the < - > keys.  You can then set your quick-views.

I can't tell if you are serious with this request, but if you are serious just hit shift+8 on the keyboard.  That will take you outside where you can move around with the arrow keys and the < - > keys.  You can then set your quick-views.

No sir, I meant in 3D cockpit view, to move out of the walls and set a wing view just slightly outside the cabin. Of course I can literally get outside, otherwise I wouldn't be able to take those screenshots  :P