What did you fly today?

Maxime

What a flight!! I blasted off from Skiathos tiny runway at full thrust and continued over the frozen and snowy lands of eastern Europe. On approach into Munich, severe turbulences made me struggle to descend and finally it was pouring rain and 0 visibility at Munich... So I ended up with a CatIII auto land at Munich, what a shame... :D But the 757 handled all this weather very well and the landing was very smooth!! 

hIoqsIp.png

06pXI03.jpg

qXw5AW8.png

• Upvote 7

NTJ811B

NEXTJET EIGHT ONE ONE BRAVO

DEP: EGHI (Southampton, UK)

DEST: EIDW (Dublin, Ireland)

LEVEL: FL200

ROUTE: DCT TABEN DCT KENET L9 STU M17 VATRY

DEPARTURE

First flight with the Carenado Beechcraft 1900D. First flight from Southampton. First flight into Dublin.

After spending about half an hour studying charts for Southampton and Dublin, it takes me another 20 minutes in the cockpit to get everything ready for departure.

In a matter of seconds, the powerful twin turboprop takes off to the sky.

24noe20.png

22mc0x.png

ifztcx.png

2vuixsp.png

CRUISE

Having flown out of the hazy London area, it's time to enjoy the views from 20000 feet.

Some 25 minutes later the conditions become IMC again, but only for a little while.

dff7ya.png

1t7wis.png

2rnynth.png

APPROACH & LANDING

Busy time keeping everything right on the VATRY1X arrival.

Sneaking below the clouds reveals Ireland's Eye, just when intercepting localizer for runway 28.

Approach is silky smooth. Beechcraft 1900D handles very nicely. I admit the landing could have been better ;]

2v2dwg5.png

ip42dh.png

2rd7p15.png

TAXI & PARKING

After rather long taxi via Bravo, Mike, Link 5 and Foxtrot Inner, we safely arrive at stand 118 S.

With shutdown checklist complete there's nothing else to do, but exit the cozy cockpit. Not for long i hope!

k3k9xg.png

r25hd3.png

Edited by niebieski
  • Upvote 16

I let a real life A320 pilot fly the Jardesign 320neo in X Plane and he didn't manage to land it softly even after 5 tries... So it is literally impossible to land it softly...

Hm. So does this tell us something about the quality of the Jardesign aircraft, or about the realism of X-Plane, or just about the real pilot not being used to desktop simulators?

I'd guess all of them.

Recently I was flying with instructor in a GA plane (since it was my first flight he didn't allow me to take off and land it ... no surprise :-) ). He told me that the overall feel of the aircraft is very different and he makes especially the crosswind landings much better real world than in simulator.

Hm. So does this tell us something about the quality of the Jardesign aircraft, or about the realism of X-Plane, or just about the real pilot not being used to desktop simulators?

My statement was not really meant to criticize anybody or anything ;) I am flying in the real world as well, so i know that X Plane's flight dynamics are a bit difficult if you never flew in this sim before :D 

Heh, it's funny. I've managed to get reasonably good at landing the A320 around 200fpm most of the time, I've managed to get below 100fpm a couple of times, but I still can't land a Cessna 152 like the one I fly in reality at the tiny grass field I call my home base (at least not in X-Plane!). It's all a case of what X-Plane can and can't do, and how it makes things different from having real world experience.

TCW445T

"THOMAS COOK" FOUR FOUR FIVE TANGO

DEP: EDDH (Hamburg, Germany)

DEST: EFTP (Tampere, Finland)

LEVEL: FL370

ROUTE: LUB9B LUB P605 GESKA N851 RIKUM Y370 UXETI N850 INSOB L87 AMUPO AMUPO1C

ABOUT THE FLIGHT

Checking Hamburg, Tampere and Helsinki (alternate) METARs i instantly realised this isn't going to be a boring flight.

First some crazy winds at Hamburg gusting up to 38 knots. Then a couple of weather avoiding actions late in the climb.

Thundstorms inside the approach area to Tampere were just cherries on the cake.

Life of a pilot isn't easy when a massive front covers most of the continent. Even if a virtual one ;)

Happy to be safely on the ground, i learned to avoid CBs more carefully in the future...

P.S. Anyone else enjoy taxing 65 ton airliner around the airport?

2urujra.png

mcx10l.png

24pm1ah.png

2znzxj7.png

o5apn9.png

2dmjur.png

295rgxc.png

15hkdap.png

• Upvote 14