What did you fly today?

Maxime

A quick jaunt in the FlyJSim 737-200 this morning...

RZzLj7T.png

...and a flight between Humberside and Amsterdam in the CRJ-200 (my first full flight in it for ages!) in the evening.

wwnOFbG.png

Inspired by the sighting of this real KLM F70 at Humberside during my Qualifying cross-country for my PPL!

zyDZxFS.jpg

• Upvote 5

More of a report from the trip than moody screenshots, but i hope you enjoy reading it along with some photos from the journey ;)

Background:

I couldn't resist downloading the new alpilotx's HD Mesh Scenery of Japan (link). As i haven't flown my favourite airliner in a while, i thought it would be a good idea to take it on a short hop inside Japan. Having taken a look at SkyVector (link) i decided for Tajima (RJBT) - Miho (RJHO) route. Nice, short (~110 nm) hop along the coastline, with the mountains to the south.

Departure:

Thing get pretty fast in -200 if you hand fly the departure with mountains on almost every side of the SID (Standard Instrument Departure). That's why i didn't have time

to get many screenshots, unfortunately...

xbzs7k.png

Passing 10000 feet & accelerating to climb speed of 285 kts - now on autopilot. Good time to take a look at the surrounding terrain and some nice looking cumulus.

678ww4.png

Cruise:

Cruising comfortably at FL140. Not a typical altitude for jets, but we aren't going far this time.

9tjr0p.png

Tracking radial 279° outbound Miyazu VOR (YME 112.6 MHz) and that means we're on the V59 airway centerline ... more or less (no RNAV equipment!)

2h34sib.png

Air New Zealand (IATA: NZ, ICAO: ANZ, Callsign: NEW ZEALAND), the national airline of New Zealand used to operate total of 24 737-200 starting from 1978 until 2001.

1hv5g0.png

Nav setting for the arrival and initial approach? Set. Approach briefing? Completed. Then it's time for...

mhalio.png

Descent:

During descend we skim through a thin layer of stratocumulus, most likely.
359kf4n.png

Turning inbound IAF (Initial Approach Fix) Yonago VOR (YVE 114.10 MHz), we're greeted by some spectacular landscape.

of554p.png

Approach:

It's really hard to concentrate on instruments with such spectacular scenery on the outside!

2uyra1e.png

Intercepting radial 056° outbound Yonago VOR that will allow us to descend 2000 feet, staying clear of terrain.

2djdytc.png

Two Two Zero knots is the clean speed we opt for during intial approach. Maintaining desired speed on classic airliner like -200 (no autothrottle) takes a lot of attention!

2lxjdvr.png

Landing:

Overflying harbor of Sakaiminato city once again.

rwrwj4.png

Six miles final, flaps 15, gear down, three green.

mvn94w.png

Here we are, crossing the threshold...

sowzyp.png

Thanks for watching!

P.S. Did anyone read it? ;] How do you like this kind of "screenshot stories"?

• Upvote 16