What did you fly today?

Maxime

Hi guys,

The scenery is mine. That is, I created it. It is an experiment in Ultra High resolution draped polygons.  Flying over it is an extraordinary experience.

My house is at the nose of the chopper, not the shadow of the chopper.  I was careful to match the time of day and season with the same time and season of the photo so the shadows would match. (About 1 pm, middle of Summer).

So the effect is a very realistic screenshot.

UH-60 Blackhawk , The livery is stock with the chopper, (C74).  A half a mile from my house is the Army Supply Depot.

So the livery seemed appropriate.

Manchester to Gatwick, both in England. I flew this route dozens of times in MSFS9, in Rick Piper's excellent HS.748 - a nice little hour-long route. Today is the first time I've done it in X-Plane, and I used the MU-2. IIRC the HS.748 cruises at about 150kt so the MU-2 at 250kt is much quicker!

I need a new PC though:

I'd like a higher draw distance, and to have buildings at airports!

post-2864-131369598331_thumb.png

Any way to possibly install this into my 500D?

It's being published as a free update as I get time.

There's an RC-1 version of the new scripts here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=49913&view=findpost&p=555957

The map is in there, but disabled for now until I get some mode-selectors in.

As is it just takes over the entire MFD with no options... its fun, but not ideal.

It's published as "Open Source" scripts for Gizmo, you can edit them with Notepad and fool around with the functionality.

You can then share those text files with other users, Win Mac or Lin.

The whole multi forum thing is driving me nuts at the moment, I need max exposure for donations so I'm pushing on the Org a little harder than over here. ( rock ) <-- X --> [ hard place ]

The only way to speed up dev work at the moment is to chuck some bucks at the Donate button.

Gizmo is now Open Source

14404.png?skin_name=chrome

Bear in mind, when you donate to Gizmo, you're helping all of these people make cooler products, faster:

- Nils Danielson

- Tom Kyler

- Leading Edge

- JGX Designs and the Corvalis

- The xEclipse project

- Several other projects using it indirectly(exploring ideas and then porting to XPL code) or behind the scenes un-announced.

Also Classic Jet sims have expressed interest in applying the particle effects to their jets. And then there's a few russians that make cool stuff with SASL.

...Gizmo is a plugin that adds in all the stuff the artists want to give users. It hands it over in a way that's customisable to make sweet little system quirks so that you feel like you're flying a different aircraft, not a different set of textures.

It's nice to see everyone starting to really explore what can be done, pushing things like the H500 out let people explore a working model rather than just "wonder" and think "yeah, but what does it do for me...?"

Sincerest thanks to everyone putting in to support the possibilities. ;)