What did you fly today?

Maxime

I've been strongly considering that F-104 lately, but I was looking for a more modern fighter of that quality. When you fly it, let me know how you like it. I might get it after all.

No probs, I'll probably do a video review for everyone. Arti recommended it for its sounds, enough for me to finally decide to get it. Indi's right, it barely has wings, sort of a rocket with stabilizers, so I'll be rating my first landings by the size of craters I leave. Any craft that needs a parachute on landing, you gotta be wary of!

Although installation /registration of the CF104 was a pain (must be spoilt by xaviation), I had excellent personal support from Greg H. It has a bit of a fps hit but bearable for me. Exhilarating to fly and easier to land than I thought. Immersive sound. Video filmed, just gotta get round to editing. Funny, in the airspeed indicator, where I'm used to seeing 100kt I see 400!

I actually used real pictures of lightning and clouds and put them together, did a lot of playing with layer modes, transparency, and erasing. than I did a lot of lighting with bright colors on certain layer modes with opacities at different places, some sharpening and blurring, Curves adjustment layer, and finally a photo filter.

I used the fallowing images-

http://photo.accuweather.com/photogallery/2007/5/500/e973857da.jpg (look close in my edit, you can see the tree from this picture in it)

http://mayang.com/textures/Nature/images/Clouds/dramatic_clouds_sunset_180093.JPG

beautiful job emin, you can teach us on some of those techniques! Curves adjustment layer, what's that?

In photoshop you go to, Layers>new Adjustment layer>curves

It allows you to play with lighting and contrast is a very customizable way. You have more control than the simple contrast slider.

Flying a B747-400F into Karachi, Pakistan with approximately 110,000 kgs of aid for flood victims. Flight was part of Zon Executive's (www.zonexecutive.com) first Humanitarian Aid mission. It was quite stormy and raining as you can see.

Humanitarian Aid Missions: www.zonexecutive.com/index.php/pages/humanitarianmissions

post-1143-131369593063_thumb.png

Shots from last weekend, when I've undertaken flight from Midway PMDY to Adak (Alaska) PADK. 1452NM in An-24, ded reckoning for the most of the flight, with the help from NDBs only at the very beginning and end of the flight. The key was to use onboard radar in drift mode combined with directional gyro-inductive compass, which had to be manually set in accordance with current geographical latitude (to compensate for gyro drift and great circle navigation). And that was a couple of them, from N28 to N52. No GPS was used.

If that is not enough, I've added two additional fuel tanks (with the help from Felis. Thanks again!), as there were two versions of An-24, one of them with extended range. Also I had to download original Russian POH, with data for fuel consumption in relation to flight altitude and power set, in order to cruise as efficiently as possible, without sacrificing too much speed. To my delight, the POH also contained additional info, which made my life a lot easier and flight safer :) The calculations turned to be okay and I've made it to Alaska with minimal fuel reserve. Also my primitive navigation methods proved to be more accurate, than I would expect. Not only was I inside 50NM NDB receive radius, but when I've finally acquired the signal, ADF arrows pointed straight ahead  8)

Four hours into flight, sunrise. Looks almost like an atmospheric re-entry:

That horizontal round gauge was the most important piece of equipment on this flight. Control panel is over these colourfull flare launch buttons:

Shortly before joining traffic pattern and landing:

6 hours of flight in classic Russian turboprop - the best birthday gift I've ever got :)

post-1467-131369593168_thumb.jpg

post-1467-131369593188_thumb.jpg

post-1467-131369593209_thumb.jpg

Shots from last weekend, when I've undertaken flight from Midway PMDY to Adak (Alaska) PADK. 1452NM in An-24, ded reckoning for the most of the flight, with the help from NDBs only at the very beginning and end of the flight. The key was to use onboard radar in drift mode combined with directional gyro-inductive compass, which had to be manually set in accordance with current geographical latitude (to compensate for gyro drift and great circle navigation). And that was a couple of them, from N28 to N52. No GPS was used.

If that is not enough, I've added two additional fuel tanks (with the help from Felis. Thanks again!), as there were two versions of An-24, one of them with extended range. Also I had to download original Russian POH, with data for fuel consumption in relation to flight altitude and power set, in order to cruise as efficiently as possible, without sacrificing too much speed. To my delight, the POH also contained additional info, which made my life a lot easier and flight safer :) The calculations turned to be okay and I've made it to Alaska with minimal fuel reserve. Also my primitive navigation methods proved to be more accurate, than I would expect. Not only was I inside 50NM NDB receive radius, but when I've finally acquired the signal, ADF arrows pointed straight ahead  8)

Four hours into flight, sunrise. Looks almost like an atmospheric re-entry:

That horizontal round gauge was the most important piece of equipment on this flight. Control panel is over these colourfull flare launch buttons:

Shortly before joining traffic pattern and landing:

6 hours of flight in classic Russian turboprop - the best birthday gift I've ever got :)

Happy birthday Lis!!