What did you fly today?

Maxime

16 hours ago, Defiance_co said:

I was wondering when I was going to see some live shots of the DC-6!!  Would love to hear your opinions on it. I'm overall positive about it, but there are a few aspects I found disappointing. Nonetheless, nice to see some study level vintage aircraft in X-Plane!

Hobofat,

I do love to learn and master stuff, that said, i only stumbled across x-plane 10 in december, used to shoot/hunt online with a turkish pilot, but since that sim/game crashes for me, i lost contact with him, though i know he had about every flight sim out there lol, dang i wish i could get tuts from him

I used to fly online WWII sims maninly, so dogfights etc were 'my thing' , so all this no guns/cannons was slightly new to me, though of course i had FS for many many years in differing renditions but never even tried to 100% to get into real world exact proceedures etc

So, not knowing about the DC-6 my summary now is as this ..............

The complexity and especially the interior myriad of items is mind boggling, amazingly detailed and will take months if not longer to master (maybe years in my case lol) which i find a good thing, the flight engineer option (can't rem exact term offhand) if a great addition to just taking off and having fun and getting a feel to the plane

Now, the exterior modelling, i think as a lot of developers do, they maybe lower the res to suit the lower spec'd rig users out there, this is obviously purely for fps rates (therein, stopping a lot of negative remarks) I can understand this, but for myself and maybe others i would love to have a choice if/where possible, if you've got the hardware then you get a chance to use it by using a higher res exterior

The handling seems spot-on as you can read or see from descriptions or vids

Saying the above, in reality, i can sure live with what the exterior achieves thus far

And with the oil pan drip catchers/tug/engine-repair ladders/chocks/folding step etc, i think the cost is decent as-in it's towards the max i would of paid for it if i had a 30min free preview

I also know nothing at all about using a gps in x-plane, so i am about to land my 737 classic, and jump in to a quick start flight and getting to grips with gps side of things

Overall i damn love it, and a meter i use myself after spending on items is, well, do i feel ripped off, and here the answer is defianately No

Here's one other pic i took lastnight

Then onto a reply to Veace !!

..................................................................................................................

Veace,

You know i give you a rep for posting your liveries ;)

No hurry :P Just be quick n upload that beauty :)

Have Fun All

Tony

X-Plane 2016-06-03 20-58-59-85.jpg

• Upvote 3