What did you fly today?

Maxime

Hi all,

I usually fly the CRJ in XP9.7 on a nearly 5yo MacBook. And I love it. Since we got the Airbus A330-200 from XPP painted for my virtual airline and I had a  graphic monster computer temporarily around, I gave this plug-less aircraft and XP10.20b9 a chance. 

I was blown away. Nope, never thought it would happen with XP10. XP10.20b9 68bit to be precise. OK, starting up took ages (six minutes overall to be 3nm out of KJFK).

I decided to have a look at Fredes updated KJFK. On final I saw all those houses. Hi KJFK, you look nice, lets go to KLGA... 

No extra scenery installed - other than KJFK. Could not believe what I was seeing. 125 screen shots later I post a few. What more :D

FWA_A332_To_KJFK_XP10-20b9.jpg

FWA_A332_Over_KJFK_XP10-20b9.jpg

FWA_A332_To_KGLA_XP10-20b9.jpg

FWA_A332_AT_KGLA_XP10-20b9.jpg

• Upvote 3

Very nice Mike--what sort of fps were you getting?

I was so into it, that I did not bother. From the cockpit all felt 20fps plus, outside views at 400 / 1,000 ft stopped occasionally for one to four seconds for scenery creation. I had to dial the world distance to low, because loading times were next to unbearable, HDR is set to 2x. Passed very low over NYC...

For the same flight southward over Manhattan - with a few building enhancements from the .org

I rescaled to 1000px / 220kB - those screen shots are 4.5MB in size and very detailed. Yes, I could have made shots in broad day light with clouds - but this is sooo much nicer.

FWA_A332_Over_NYC_Skyline_XP10-20b9.jpg

FWA_A332_Over_NYC_South_Man_XP10-20b9.jp

Edited by Mike Hotel
  • Upvote 4

Incredible rendering & I was expecting even less fps than you came up with--I am happy with the fps I'm getting in V10 64 bit as the flying is more important than scenery to me but hopefully we'll all have Graphics cards that can handle the great work so many are producing for X-Plane 10 one day soon--thanks for the info--Well appreciated