What did you fly today?

Maxime

10.50 Beta4

Can't remember exact sim settings but besides shadows i think it was about maxed out, fps went 24-25 ish at worst (in the thibk of those scrapers, normal alt was way high fps rates as expected) , still fine tuning my new gpu, but hey ho, loving the betas

KJFK NY area enroute KATL (slight sight-seeing tour i did lol)

X-Plane 2016-06-25 11-09-59-61.jpg

X-Plane 2016-06-25 11-10-16-66.jpg

Edited by Defiance_co
added text
  • Upvote 1

Heya Dion :)

Did a very short vid as i took those pics, uploading now

I am back to nvidia from ati/amd, so i'm slowly sorting control panel settings to beat this micro stutter, i also think i need to drop the 'number of objects' !! can't believe i said that, but wowsa, all this new eye-candy is a lot to take in lol

Three quick pics from KSAN on a scenic mystery tour lol (this i did drop the number of objects down from extreme to too many) , still looked amazing :)

So far, the b4 is fine for me

Have Fun

Take Care

Tony

X-Plane 2016-06-25 22-27-07-18.jpg

X-Plane 2016-06-25 22-27-11-54.jpg

X-Plane 2016-06-25 22-27-02-96.jpg

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Defiance_co said:

Hiya Dion,

Now that looks very realistic

:)

Tony

Thank you sir and it is greatly appreciated.  As I was flying the mission, I was looking out of that vantage point as the clouds were going by at 11,000 feet.  And it did give you some sense of realism.  I can't wait when Laminar introduces the upgraded graphic affects that they talked about at the SimCom 2016.  I would suspect that that shot would even look better when they institute those graphical upgrades that they propose.  Also looking forward to the sound upgrades and hopefully the aircraft developers for X-Plane will revisit all of their aircraft such as the PC 12 shown, with graphical upgrades and sound upgrades.  And to be honest with you, to some degree, I would not have a problem to pay them for their time in the upgrades to the aircraft that we fly and enjoy to use.  

But regrettably (sorry for the downer) I do not have confidence that the existing developers for existing aircraft would do as I proposed.  Even if customers such as myself are willing to give them more money.  They just don't want to do it, and I think they do not have the mindset it would be good for the community and it would be good for their product.  They just don't think that way I guess, based on aircraft developer track records in the past. They seem to lag and just do fixes to keep their airplanes current in the context of allowing them to work in X-Plane or whatever platform the user uses. Actions speak louder than words and their actions have demonstrated what I just spoke.  It sad, but that's just the way it goes.  On an up note more pictures to come in trying to get those magic moments when we take our photographs of.  Take care and talk to you soon,

Dion :) 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Defiance_co said:

Hiya Dion,

Will edit this with some pics

Great pics Again :)

I am sorting/swapping data around hdd's, but asap windows is done i'll fire up with smp installed and get some pics

Got a new hdd to replace the dead one that gave up the ghost

Think a fresh OS install instead of cloning as swapping as i've come from ati to nvidia, seems the safest most logical option, so here goes hoping my planes etc install again hehe

Have Fun

Tony

Yes I believe it's a good idea well for a fresh install.  Over the years I've always done that when the situation calls for it.  Gets rid of all the unnecessary DL L's and other file extensions that are no longer in use that reside in the windows directory from time to time.  But I will say there's nothing wrong with cloning, matter fact kinda that's what RE store does to a small degree.  

I've been flying with XPFlier.net just messing around.  Still bounce as my economy modules my own personal excel spreadsheet along with FS economy.  But I do however need to revisit FS economy I finally got into a yak-40 and using my E R.J.-140 aircraft for that alias.  But I'm not really a airline type guy, I've always been and probably always will be a GA pilot and just have the freedom to go wherever I want to an land wherever I want to not having to worry about all the complexity of modern aircraft and their systems.  Im just one of those type of people that just likes things simple and direct, with very little complication.  That way I don't get stressed out if I did the right thing or not during the flight.  But I will dabble in the big jets but that is not where my strength is.  

Anyway looking forward to more of your pics when you have a chance to produce them.  Also if you have an opportunity like I said in previous posts, I think it would be cool if you could fly around the UK and do some point of interest videos with commentary and add that flavor of personal experience into it so we as the viewer that does not live in UK would get a sense of being there.  I tried to illustrate that in my latest video talking about the location of universal studios, North Hollywood, Hollywood sign landmarks that are not there that kind of thing.  

I have not found on youtube yet, where real world pilot just gets in his or her aircraft with the intent to point a camera at the ground (figuratively speaking) and shows the scenery of what is there at the time of recording, along with commentary of what we're looking at.  
Basically this is an old format, because I remember as a kid you would have nature shows and other shows that would just go places all over the earth and do things.  Don't see that much anymore, other then a reality show spin which is a turnoff for me.  I know this would probably cost lots of money to do it for real, but if you have the money, why not and maybe the channel would get popular where it would pay for itself, who knows.  It's just an an idea because that's what I am, is an ideas man.  Again take care and look forward to seeing your future media coming our way.
Dion Markgraf
AKA: Dionsol
Flight Simulation (X-Plane 10 pilot) & Aviation Enthusiast

PS: I realized after I proof read it sounded more general then a post to you directly.  Sorry about that. I did not want to have to do the post all over again Cheers Dion

• Upvote 1

I went crazy, clouds were just too awesome so I had to snap a few picture. Also Skymaxx Pro 3.2 and RWC are just flat OUT F'ing  AWESOME!!!! .And I could have done more. Being at the right place, at the right time. All pictures are shot organically. Not pre setup, just raw as it was happening while flying from KWJF home base to KTUS . Just WOW is all I can say. 

Dion Markrgaf

DHC6_Twin_Otter_1.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_2.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_3.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_4.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_5.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_6.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_7.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_8.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_9.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_10.png

DHC6_Twin_Otter_11.png

• Upvote 4

Jim,

Amazing scenery isn't it now for stock :)

Beta4 for was stable, but now i'm fighting windose errors after a totally fresh OS install (go figure ! , nothing to do with beta as i'm trying to run stock 10.45 which is even more perplexing lol)

Kepp them pics comin, helps show others what the new gen does for the stock game :)

Have Fun

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
added text

Looking Great there Dion :)

Did a funny film days ago, everything went wrong so i just had a blast, just goofing around NY area

Have a look on YT Dion, i fubared though, had AA etc maxed instead of my usual x2 lol

Jittery but shows decent low level fighter err 373 action hehe, towards the end i just thought 'feck it' you'll see what i mean if you skip 2/3rds way through i think

Will add pics in this post later. i might at last have a stable windose 10 again, no doubt as i get back in the cockpit the sim will crash :D

Doing KSFO KHOU, so pretty bare along the way, did a 1k level over some areas to see nice complex housing auto gen

Just loving the plane the clouds the auto gen :)

Have Fun

Tony

• Upvote 1