What did you fly today?

Maxime

Night shots does not necessarily look good when viewed on the forums (against bright background) but i'm amazed everytime i hand fly approach or taxi in X-Plane's darkness. Sitting in a dark room in front of a ultra panoramic display with TrackIR the immersion is unbelievably good.

Been pushing 767 around lately, both on VATSIM and IVAO. Flying real-time means a lot of shades of grey at this time of year here in Europe.

Westbound - catching last rays of sun that day on a climb out of Prague, Czech Republic (LKPR)

5owjra.png

Short final runway 23R at Manchester, UK (EGCC)

6p6sjs.png

Finding my way in the maze of taxiways at Manchester

343n2nr.png

Final runway 18R at Amsterdam, Netherlands (EHAM). Surface wind 210 degress 21 knots (up to 45 on approach)  B) 

xpopx4.png

PH-OYI resting for the night at Schiphol gate F9

16l9s2o.png

• Upvote 7

Random slides out of my todays online flights.

14:20 zulu over Ukraine, just reached cruising FL340

e6d852.png

"Orange four-one-three, Pulkovo tower, winds 290 at 7 gusting 13 meters per second, continue approach, number two"

1zmz1nb.png

Following 737 to the apron as the aircraft on final is instructed to go around due traffic on the runway

2s6txso.png

City of lights at Amsterdam Schiphol airport

15zpmr.png

Gate E4

33cw4d2.png

• Upvote 6

Todays flight consisted of a LFPG-KSFO (Paris-San Fransisco) flight, using a United Airlines 767-300ER with Winglets. This is a real flight, and is one of the longest 767 routes currently in service! 

Takeoff from Paris! 

1056CyR.jpg

A nice cockpit shot over the North Atlantic

fmhGnw1.jpg

Coming into SanFran, note the skyline in the background

fgZIvoO.jpg

On the ground, seconds away from being at the gate, with her bigger brothers and sisters ;)

f33rMJv.jpg

• Upvote 7

Norway Pro scenery has been released recently (freeware, go grab it!) and so i thought it'll be good opportunity to dust off the excellent Reality Enhancement Pack for C210 Centurion while exploring.
Started off at Skagen [ENSK]  and did a short hop to Narvik [ENNK]  just to get a glimpse of the scenery and refresh my skills flying REP Cessna (with manual at hand).

eki9d.jpg

107p3f8.png

Haven't seen much of the Norway Pro scenery on this route i decided to make 180 on the runway and head for Bodø [ENBO].

Casual VFR at 5500 feet using Google Maps + AIP Norway (i rarely do VFR in the sim)
2q9jbqe.png

Unbelievable how easy this REP/Carenado masterpiece trims out. I did not touch the autopilot once during 2hr+ flight.
119tqfq.png

Once i got to Bodø i realized landing this thing on a 2800m long runway is not best of what Norway has to offer. Why not head further south to a mysteriously named airport of Mo i Rana [ENRA] ? ;)
24o3qjp.png

After having a quick look at Mo i Rana charts i started tracking inbound Strømmen [sTM, 345 kHz]  NDB. Surprisingly i did not kill the engine yet. Nor did i destroy flaps, gear or anything else.
The LOC-B approach looks very tempting. Why not switch IFR and see if i can handfly non-RNAV approach today? Soon enough i was climbing to Minimum Sector Altitude (6300 feet - when arriving from the north sector).
Still tracking Strømmen NDB as it is our Initial Approach Fix (IAF).
qzep3a.png

The closer i got to Strømmen, the more turbulent air i had to fight. Focused entirely on the instruments i was able to maintain 6300 feet +/- 50 feet all the time, but i was out of time to do a full approach briefing.

2jfknyo.png

Turning right on outbound leg after passing Strømmen. Descending 5000 feet according to procedure.

1ijy4z.png

Established on the localizer inbound. Strømmen NDB is being used once again, this time as Intermediate Fix (IF). Next, Final Approach Fix (FAF) is 6.6 nm DME RA at 3000 feet.

2hp4lma.png

Reaching Minimum Descend Altitude of 1310 feet. The funny thing is you won't be able to see the airport until reaching Missed Approach Point (MAPt) - the DME station itself.

Then the airport becomes barely visible on your 9 o'clock (!!!).

fo17qg.png

If you wonder why i didn't take any shots on short final, grab Norway Pro + UHD Mesh Scandinavia and try shooting approach into Mo i Rana yourself ;)

2edqp3n.png

• Upvote 12